Better heads

-
fishy,
I agree that we have to use what works best for each of us.

On your statement on aerodynamics, I don't think that a 71 Duster qualifies for being the slickest aero car out. LOL
But better than a truck, I agree. But for point sake and the 400 lbs difference of yours and our duster that 14's and 12's don't compute. Cam and intakes are only worth about 1/2 a sec. or so. As the faster you go the more power it takes to go faster.

We had a bone junkyard stock 318 2bbl engine in the duster a few years back and it ran 8.88 / 8.89 in the 1/8 as this is what most tracks here run. This should be 14's in the 1/4 since 7.99 = 12.99 and 8.49 = 13.99 according to NHRA.

To me MPO the thermoquad carb is close to the Edlebrock carb for metering fuel, there good for emissions and street performance but not performance orenited enough to get real performance HP. And the Holley's are a much better choice.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the heads, and as you say we each have to use what works for each of us. Sorry to hijack the thread, and if I offended anyone about the magnum heads. As I'm sure that there are some good ones out there.

Thanks for the reply Bobby. That's the way things go. Some times one thing works for one guy and others work for others. I would like to say to the OP I'm sorry to get off track and that BJR is great at his job. I'm just an average Joe and had them and they worked great for me so it's just my opinion.

What gear ratio is this? Not wanting to get involved in this disagreement, just curious.

Fishy: I think someone slipped a 5.9 in your truck when you weren't looking. LOL! Lots of the R/Ts around here barely run what yours does.

Thanks

Steve

Steve I bought the truck brand new off the showroom floor so I'm sure it wasn't a 5.9. I even looked on the side of the block to make sure the factory didn't slip one in.

fishy,
This just go's to show that you can have 2 identically perpaired engines and that they will produce differently, yours just happens to be one of the better ones. More than likely built on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, as has been proven before.

-
Back