Better late than never!!!

-
Can you tell me the history about the Canadian Thanksgiving ? I noticed it on the calendar today. Didnt know it existed. Tomorrow is the Day of the Race in Mexico, LOL

That's a good question Adam. I believe it has to do with celebrating the harvest unlike the American celebration of Pilgrimage. The Canadian harvest occurs earlier than the American one due to our shorter growing season therefore it is celebrated on the second Monday of October!! The Americans actually are responsible for us celebrating with a turkey dinner which dates back to the American revolution.

i didnt even know that i always just saw holidays as a day off work with pay lol.......altho thanks guiving isnt an official holiday here as in employers dont have to pay it or guive it off ......

Hell, Im drinking right now and its not even a holiday in the U.S.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! It has been so nice out it hardly seems like Oct. but I hope it stays.

Here is to thanksgiving.
Canadian and Usa

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    8.9 KB · Views: 109
  • images-1.jpeg
    11.8 KB · Views: 108
  • images.jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 123
That's a good question Adam. I believe it has to do with celebrating the harvest unlike the American celebration of Pilgrimage. The Canadian harvest occurs earlier than the American one due to our shorter growing season therefore it is celebrated on the second Monday of October!! The Americans actually are responsible for us celebrating with a turkey dinner which dates back to the American revolution.

Wow Bill I am going to bring you in to teach my Social Studies class! Happy Thanksgiving Bud and to all my fellow Canadians! BTW Ralph said a half hour polish will fix my overspary problem, thank GOD!

Actually I start to put my Christmas lights up every Thanksgiving, first time I have ever done it wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Last year at this time there was 18 inches of snow on the ground. I went to the cottage early Friday with ALL the fixin's for a Thanksgiving feast. The rest of my family and friends were supposed to arrive the next day. When I woke up in the morning there was 18 inches of snow on the ground. All the roads were impassable and the power was out. So here I am with 2 uncooked turkeys and all the stuff to go with and NO POWER!! But lots of beer and I didn't mind drinking alone!! LOL!!

Last year at this time there was 18 inches of snow on the ground. I went to the cottage early Friday with ALL the fixin's for a Thanksgiving feast. The rest of my family and friends were supposed to arrive the next day. When I woke up in the morning there was 18 inches of snow on the ground. All the roads were impassable and the power was out. So here I am with 2 uncooked turkeys and all the stuff to go with and NO POWER!! But lots of beer and I didn't mind drinking alone!! LOL!!

Hey at least you were still able to be thankful for something.8)

-
Back