BEWARE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THE NAMES LISTED!

-
alone67cuda contacted me too the other day on the A833 Mainshaft I have been hunting for....
He said contact his friend James, he has one...
[email protected]
When I asked him if James is a member on FABO, he ghosted me.

I had that same name reply to a bench seat wanted ad I posted. (Andrew Chandry) He had an accurate picture that matched my wanted post. It just didn't seem right my spidee senses were tingling. After a few emails he asked what my preferred method of payment was. So I told him C.O.D. He must be younger as he had no idea what C.O.D meant and actually asked me in a return email. When I told him it was collect on delivery he was a ghost. I reported him. His posts and profile were deleted.

DO NOT send money to "someone who knows someone".

Jeezus, how big a flag do you need?

Just when I was feeling so good about the fella that sent the parts to a member at no charge.Then there’s chit like this!
Don't let it jade you, the good members here FAR outnumber the bad. Threads like this are helpful reminders of common scams, so hopefully we can more easily recognize them in the future.

He doesn’t have any negative feedback. We all need to take advantage of the feedback system or it’s not gonna work.
Correct. Although really it's pretty easy to use, for some, it's kinda convoluted and I can see their point. It's certainly not as straight forward as the feedback system on Ebay.

Don't let it jade you, the good members here FAR outnumber the bad. Threads like this are helpful reminders of common scams, so hopefully we can more easily recognize them in the future.
How's the foot, limpy?

Good days and bad days, but mostly good. Thanks for asking! I am now "that guy" who can tell you when a storm's a-coming. I've been back to work 5 months now and while the foot doesn't affect my job performance, I'm always reminded the day after a busy shift that I'm a broken man.

Good days and bad days, but mostly good. Thanks for asking! I am now "that guy" who can tell you when a storm's a-coming. I've been back to work 5 months now and while the foot doesn't affect my job performance, I'm always reminded the day after a busy shift that I'm a broken man.
I'm glad you're back up and running anyway. I have a collar bone that I can tell the weather by. lol

wait until you get old righty tighty...that foot will always point North...LOL

OldeStock is another rip off Artist here on FABO, FBBO and FEBO.
Lives in Canada, sells in US, then skates back to Canada when he rips you off.
Soaked us for $800.
Also has a rip off website, if you can believe it?
The Admin here was instrumental in getting him kicked off FBBO, but he's back under another alias ripping everybody off again.
His real name is: DINO FABBRO
They're like Cockroaches, they'll never go away.
Even WORSE on facebook, WHERE HE NOW RESIDES ALSO.

RIPOFF FB.JPG

I've personally dealt with Dino on here twice now with zero issues. Fair price and quick ship. I would buy again.
Just stating my experience.
OldeStock is another rip off Artist here on FABO, FBBO and FEBO.
Lives in Canada, sells in US, then skates back to Canada when he rips you off.
Soaked us for $800.
Also has a rip off website, if you can believe it?
The Admin here was instrumental in getting him kicked off FBBO, but he's back under another alias ripping everybody off again.
His real name is: DINO FABBRO
They're like Cockroaches, they'll never go away.
Even WORSE on facebook, WHERE HE NOW RESIDES ALSO.

View attachment 1716225220

This is where it get sketchy..........It goes both ways. I would not sell a valuable item using a transaction that would allow the buyer to tie me up in red tape. That's the reason that I don't typically sell big ticket items unless face to face. I certainly understand the buyers standpoint, as I have been there before..........Yes, definitely not perfect.

If you take good pictures of the item you’re selling, pack it well and take pictures of that, and ship with tracking numbers and insurance you can protect yourself against frivolous claims. PayPal is definitely more centered around protecting the buyer, but if you do some simple things that your pretty much need to do anyway nowadays with any internet sale regardless of payment method they can’t just hang you out to dry as a seller with just bullshit.

I’ve unfortunately had to use the claim process with PayPal as a buyer and also have had a buyer try to use it “against me” as a seller. But because I had documentation on my end to refute the claim I was in the clear. If you’re familiar with the claim process you can protect yourself as a seller as well.

In person sales can go bad too, nothing is perfect.
There's also the fact that some people (me included) simply DO NOT HAVE Paypal. (And I won't-I personally knew the guy who made the old "paypalsucks dot com" site-AFAIK, he NEVER got his almost-$8000 back from them.)

I don't have any of the cash apps...I would rather sent a USPS money order by certified mail. Bonus: that makes screwing me on the deal Federal mail fraud!

@Bossanova5

There should be torsions bars for sale at spring fling show April 20&21 in LA (Van Nuys) www.cpwclub.com

IMHO, $120 is pretty stiff $$ for used stock sized T-bars.

-
Back