Beware new member "Prints Valiant"

-

valiantpatrol

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Posted a wanted ad for some A/C brackets recently. Answered ad, sent pics for approval, shipped item, he even acknowledged receipt of item in a PM. Never once contacted me to complain about any aspect of transaction, denying me a chance to try and make things right. Now filing a claim with PayPal to get his money back. Just posting as a warning to others who might answer any future wanted ads he might post. Sad that some individuals have no conscious.

Didn't give you a chance to "make it right" cause you did make it right... Scammers don't focus in what's right... Just how to get stuff for free...

I see no ad/thread that he started? He replied to this one....did he pay "friend"?
[FOR SALE] - Numerous parts and parts cars 50s - 70s
Posted a wanted ad for some A/C brackets recently. Answered ad, sent pics for approval, shipped item, he even acknowledged receipt of item in a PM. Never once contacted me to complain about any aspect of transaction, denying me a chance to try and make things right. Now filing a claim with PayPal to get his money back. Just posting as a warning to others who might answer any future wanted ads he might post. Sad that some individuals have no conscious.

I have been screwed over by PayPal a few times on someone wanting a refund. I was thinking about some ways to protect ourselves. First, we have to be 100% honest with the description in the ad. (I am NOT saying you weren't!) Don't give them any wiggle room for a legitimate complaint. Post plenty of good pictures in the ad and describe all flaws. In the ad, make sure to add, "More pictures and some videos of the parts are available if you provide me an Email or cell number". Then there is no way a person can say they were cheated, and/or did not get what they expected. This extra amount of work might not work for people who sell a LOT of parts, but for the average person who just has a few parts to sell, it might be worth it. I realize that PayPal can suck at times, but if a person did everything listed above, how could they say you cheated the person?

I welcome him in welcome wagon. Seemed alright, but that can be misleading.
Post pics of parts he is disgruntled about.

How come people don't see the "five posts" RED FLAG?

I welcome him in welcome wagon. Seemed alright, but that can be misleading.
Post pics of parts he is disgruntled about.
I even kicked it up after the post had been there. He messaged me and before he messaged I had never seen that screen name around so I went back and looked it up and bumped it up.

Greetings!

The way toolman worded that, it sounds like my IP address is blocked too, so I messaged Tool man to clarify if there is an issue with my address because I recently got a new modem from xfinity to upgrade.

I have received a message from this prints valiant person I believe he mentioned being from Greely, Co. He seemed all right at first impression and says he has a 73 valiant.

I don't know anything else about this person.
Your IP address shows up. The other one does not.

Not for me, his money's as good as the next guy/gal.
Got a beef/discrepancy, work it out, or not.
Still waiting for OP to post pics of parts...
Same difference to me. A brand new guy buying or selling anything should pay by postal money order unless someone can vouch for him

That name he choose is way to close to Princess Valiant and he says he’s from Colorado too.

That’s a big red flag that he could be using similar names to higher posting members to scam people thinking he’s someone he’s not.

PayPal seems to always favor buyer in these cases. That’s why people aren’t taking PayPal anymore.

I would Google search their real name and mailing address to check for matches. Then other social media. And search username for other forums.

At very least always search a persons post history and read what they post.

Last edited:
If I ever do a deal here it will most likely be cash only. I don't like getting screwed.

Heck, I'll even wait for a check to clear. I've done it several times.

All good advice for dealing with newcomers. I check how long someone’s been here, & a few of their posts. Most dealings I don’t have a problem with PayPal because of the “quickness”-when I want or need something, I certainly don’t want to wait for USPS twice and add time for a check to clear. I’ve done a lot of F&F with people here too.
Other sites or facebooger, nope. FB is cash in hand 1st.
Car parts come from here, Bbodies, or a vendor almost exclusively.

All good advice for dealing with newcomers. I check how long someone’s been here, & a few of their posts. Most dealings I don’t have a problem with PayPal because of the “quickness”-when I want or need something, I certainly don’t want to wait for USPS twice and add time for a check to clear. I’ve done a lot of F&F with people here too.
Other sites or facebooger, nope. FB is cash in hand 1st.
Car parts come from here, Bbodies, or a vendor almost exclusively.
Yes, I should have checked out Bigboy68 beforehand. He was eventually permanently banned.

Remember your $hitshow of sale ads? Did you clear up with EVERYBODY? Not that I needed the warnings, but I've gotten a few about you....
Stones/glasshouse comes to mind here. :rolleyes:
He came to the wrong place to scam !!!!

Yes, I should have checked out Bigboy68 beforehand. He was eventually permanently banned.

IMG_5894.gif

Not for me, his money's as good as the next guy/gal.
Got a beef/discrepancy, work it out, or not.
Still waiting for OP to post pics of parts...

Unless you never get your money.

Seller got his money. Dont ship before payment.
I realize paypal is now involved and that can happen for every FFnF transaction, but this may have been a simple mistake? We're talking ac brackets here(I believe).
And they have several different possibilities/configurations.
Buyer should have communicated better than what he has, but I wouldn't call him a scammer...yet.
If a new member wants to reply to a for sale ad from me, i have zero issues with selling to them.
Unless you never get your money.

I've gotten totally scammed once for a couple of hundred, and received some pretty shitty parts in the past. Proud to say, none of it was from FABO.

I would NOT sell expensive parts through Paypal unless F&F. Unfortunately, the buyer protection is not there and potential buyers may not want to do business. I'm Ok with that. My big dollar stuff I try to sell local, or even across Canada with an E-Transfer (They can't be cancelled or challenged once it's in my account).

-
Back