Beware U S Body source

-

duster51

Reaction score
Got a new U S Body Source six pack fiberglass hood for my 68 dart when I got It was junk. They sent me hood number two it was better but still needed a lot of work to make it nice . so after all the work and materials I got it nice bolted it on the car and it won't close so I had to grind off some of my inner fender so the hood hinge don't hit so I got that fixed and then the hood hit the top of my firewall so I had to take a big hammer and 2x4 and dent the top of firewall with all new paint on it . After all that I get the hood to fit right . I Start to put the chrome trim on the front of the hood and the front lip of the hood is too thin so the chrome will not fit . The front lip on the hood is about 1/2 inch wide and the factory trim is about 3/4 inch wide . now U S Body will not return my phone calls. I have a hood I can't use and I am out about 800 dollars with hood parts and labor

Sorry to hear about your problems, things can get pretty frustrating. But why grind and beat your stuff to get it to fit?

After all of the positive things about US Body now this. Now I have no idea where to order my hood from.

who the hell does all that work and doesn't test fit the **** first? not taking sides, my **** is all from us body source, it all fit decent and the **** that didn't? well I test fit and made it fit before throwing paint on it

This is why I wont fork out major bucks for a new hood, I have seen zero good reviews from any of em, just gonna stick with my POS hood and continue to work on it.

Well I just purchased a 4" cowl hood for my 1971 Dart it is a bolt on hood and the quality is out standing it a work of art beautiful piece I bought it from AAR ( All American Restorations ) or may be known as Stinger Fibre glass There located in Titisville Florida it's about 1 hour south of Daytona, I had a buddy of mine pick it up at there plant and he was also very impressed with the plant and there products. It cost me $625.00 US but well worth the money check them out !

Got a new U S Body Source six pack fiberglass hood for my 68 dart when I got It was junk. They sent me hood number two it was better but still needed a lot of work to make it nice . so after all the work and materials I got it nice bolted it on the car and it won't close so I had to grind off some of my inner fender so the hood hinge don't hit so I got that fixed and then the hood hit the top of my firewall so I had to take a big hammer and 2x4 and dent the top of firewall with all new paint on it . After all that I get the hood to fit right . I Start to put the chrome trim on the front of the hood and the front lip of the hood is too thin so the chrome will not fit . The front lip on the hood is about 1/2 inch wide and the factory trim is about 3/4 inch wide . now U S Body will not return my phone calls. I have a hood I can't use and I am out about 800 dollars with hood parts and labor
I understand that company's will have some run's of product that don't turn out great but I have to also question how bad it really was, I don't think I would take to much stock in the opinion of a guy that would do all sort's of work without test fitting, and then grind the inner so the hinges fit? didn't they fit from the factory? I am sure they did, so why wouldn't you redo the hood instead? and then who takes a chunk of wood and beats the firewall down? LOL, wow, again, why wouldn't you just redo the hood? I have to wonder how the rest of this guy's car is put together, scary. They are not returning your calls because you are one of those guy's that can not be made happy, I deal with your kind on a daily basis, it's frustrating

I ordered a 6-pak hood and a trunk lid from Stinger last year, picked it up when I took a "snowbird" vacation and can't be more happy. Yea it took a minor bit of tweaking but excellent quality.:cheers:

Oh sure, a square peg "can" fit in a round hole with enough "coaxing".

I agree with the fish up there. I have been around cars over 40 years and I have YET to see one single fiberglass anything that passed my inspection enough to be called "good".

Plus, I'll be a sumbitch if I would beat my car to pieces trying to get a POS hood to fit. That's just funny right there I don't care who you are.

IMO!

Duster51 is an *** because;

1: He leads me to beileve that he thinks fiberglass hoods should be a bolt on and spray part with minimal work.

Well! That would be great but welcome to reality.

2: He grinders his inner fender? Takes a hammer to a 2X4 to the firewall with new paint on it to clear the hood?

Clearly making a square peg fit a round hole is his job.

Intead of returning the part again and calling a lesson learned he forges on instead of looking up another place.

Nice job!

I'm not so sure I can blame USBody source for this one.

I would be chopping, sawing and glueing the hood to fit before I would ever tear the car up. im sure the company uses the same mold. there may be some slight variations, but I would count on the next one to be about the same as the last. fiberglass is never perfect out of the box. if the second one was as bad as the first, and it was REALLY that bad, I would have just gotten a refund before tearing anything up.

How big was the hammer?:blob:

And how long was the 2X4 ?:glasses7:

Duster51 deleted his same post over at moparts, some have asked if the fiberglass hood he has for sale there is one of the bad hoods and hes just trying to pass it off to someone else. maybe his fenders and cowl are all out of whack and the hood was fine!!!!

All the language and name callin really ain't necessary. I think we can be a bit more classy.

Since US Body Source is local to me I sent the OP a PM and offered to try and help him get some satisfaction with the company. But He wrote me back and declined the offer? I've got to know owners and crew over at US Body and have donated some Body panels for them to copy for their inventory. They are a great bunch of guys that DO care about putting out a quality product. When I get back in town I will go over to their place and get the scoop on what is going on. I'll offer this service to any member here. If you have a problem with a product of theirs I will gladly take the time to talk with them and remedy a problem. I can tell you I bought all my Fiberglass from them for my 68 Dart race car.

I bought a fiberglass hood from up22 and It hasn't fit well but I haven't started beating my car to make it fit. I tried making the mounting holes larger to give me more adjustments. And lots of patience. Still working on getting it to fit right but it's getting there. Dustin

I bought a fiberglass hood from up22 and It hasn't fit well but I haven't started beating my car to make it fit. I tried making the mounting holes larger to give me more adjustments. And lots of patience. Still working on getting it to fit right but it's getting there. Dustin

You need to get out the hammer and 2x4, it'll fit!!! :)

-
Back