Big Block 383 using SB K Frame 1967

-

Mopar Fred

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am so confused I have read in diff treads that u can just use a SB k frame for your BB build. And others have said that you need to change idler arm bracket ( 1967). I have a SB (360) in my 67 Barracuda with PS (Mopar) and PB all installed by last owner. So the question is can I just use the K frame I have and change motor mounts and use Borgens PS box.

For one thing, the oil pump and filter will interfere with the K member. Will have to modify the K member. And the left side motor mount will need to be fabbed, like I did, or procured from someplace...

There is no need to change the idler are for any engine swap. People prefer to swap it to the more preferred 68+ style.

Alan

I put a 440 in my 67 Dart, using the small block K member. It can be done, with modifications.....

For one thing, the oil pump and filter will interfere with the K member. Will have to modify the K member. And the left side motor mount will need to be fabbed, like I did, or procured from someplace...
So what mods will need to be done?

At one time (15 yrs ago) it was impossible to find the idler arm for 67 and if found it was three times the price.
That is why I switched to the 73+ style (plus I had it).
I noticed they are readily available the last time I looked.

Schumacher makes mounts for your swap. '67-72 A-Body V8 or S6 to Big Block Kit
Unsure on the instructions for those.
The 73+ mounts you have to cut off the k frames top portion of the spool mounts and drill a new hole. So the oil pump will clear.
Screenshot_20230806_152629_Chrome.jpg

I just mounted my bb with a motorplate because the ears were broke on the block. I had to clearance the k frame for the oil pump which I forgot about till the engine/trans was dangling and hung up on the oil pump.

-
Back