Big block and TREMEC trans

-
I'm sure the idea of cutting anything becomes a "hack job" by some definition. Interstingly, if it's done right, the input trimming means absolutely nothing to the trans, or any use after, because of the parts available now. Mainly the hub/pilot bearing. It's less intrusive, les damaging, and less permanent than cutting two large holes in structural steel and screwing a cover plate over it. My point is, they are both modifying existing parts to make them work. Neither are "top notch" engineering, but bastardization of existing technologies to improve the performance of the vehicle. Top notch engineering would be everything fitting without any modifications.

But he said top notch FABRICATION :snakeman:

Anyway trimming the input isn't a big deal as you state AND it can be fixed if the need arises for not alot of $$$ .

I am more than a little interested in this. Unfortunately, it will take a Gov't bail out to afford one :( I hope I can save up enough ( not after tonights computer parts purchasing tour ;) ) I was wanting the 6 speed, but they told me the 6 spd won't handle the torque :( No biggie...it would be better than the 727, and be a manual trans to boot :D

j

But he said top notch FABRICATION :snakeman:

Anyway trimming the input isn't a big deal as you state AND it can be fixed if the need arises for not alot of $$$ .

moper used the term top notch engineering which is way different from top notch fabrication.

i totally changed my mind about 4speeds after i found out that toyota tercells equipped with manual transmissions have only 4 speeds.

IMO i dont want my car to have anything in common with a toyota tercel

I am more than a little interested in this. Unfortunately, it will take a Gov't bail out to afford one :( I hope I can save up enough ( not after tonights computer parts purchasing tour ;) ) I was wanting the 6 speed, but they told me the 6 spd won't handle the torque :( No biggie...it would be better than the 727, and be a manual trans to boot :D

j

i believe the viper t56 6 speed can handle alot more tourqe than a tko 600 however, inorder to get that to fit you you need to lose your torsion bar suspension & go with an alter K or magnum force tube front end.

-
Back