Big Block dart first pass

-

Ohio Ironhead

Reaction score
First pass in the 66 dart. It ran a 11.89 with a very mild 440 in it.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUl-N86Fpqo"]YouTube - 66 Dart[/ame]

Heres a video of my buddies SS/AA Hemi dart. He won the championship this year for the Chyrsler classic series.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njUuTCMRlbg"]YouTube - Dirk Hale Hemi Norwalk[/ame]

Motor is 30 over with trw flat tops way down in the hole. 509 purple shaft, M1 intake, 3 angle vavle job with the ports cleaned up a little. It is pretty much a street motor. Its bolted to a pro trans with a 4800 convertor and the car has a 4.56 gear.

Motor is 30 over with trw flat tops way down in the hole. 509 purple shaft, M1 intake, 3 angle vavle job with the ports cleaned up a little. It is pretty much a street motor. Its bolted to a pro trans with a 4800 convertor and the car has a 4.56 gear.

Similar to what I have, except I have less gear out back, but I do have more head work. I am hoping to hit 11's with it whenever I find a trailer to get me to the track.

Nice run and nice car.

Similar to what I have, except I have less gear out back, but I do have more head work. I am hoping to hit 11's with it whenever I find a trailer to get me to the track.

QUOTE]

Drive it!!!! No need for a trailer. I drive almost 100 miles round trip. It's no farther for you to Lapeer!!

That is pretty much my setup to I was running a 3000 stall until it let go. I going to buy a turbo action 4200 stall. i street drive it quite a bit. I had my car to the track once i had a a lot of problems. I also run 456 gears with a 29 13.50 qtp . I was wondering how ur motor likes the 4800 stall. So what u think ur car should run

Drive it!!!! No need for a trailer. I drive almost 100 miles round trip. It's no farther for you to Lapeer!!

I would like to but can't afford the gas. LOL 100 miles = 25 gallons of gas each way, 50 gallons x $3 a gallon is a LOT.

The car loves the big convertor. It actually leaves hard enuf to pull front left wheel off the ground. Then again the car is 4 linked and hooks great. Were hoping the motor were building will put us in the low 10s. We are actually over geared for this motor. It is running out of power on the big end. I think we could put a 4.30 in the car and pick up some.

you have any more info or pics? I'm just starting to build a 64 almost with almost identical specs as yours...

who's back half kit did you end up using?

The car has 14x32 hoosiers on it now. I'm not sure what brand the 4 link is. The car was already started to be built when we bought it. I finished the welding on the fourlink and finished up the frame work. The car had a smallblock in it when I got it but we were just not going to be happy until we had a big block in it. The 440 only has about 400 hp. Next year it should have a 528ci big block in it.

Thats a very respectable time for suck a mild motor. I see you have a lot of squat on launch so there may be some et to pick up in the suspension? I does seem to hook real good though.

Yea I just got done looking at some pics of the car launching. we are going to put some preload in the 4 link and start playing with air pressure. The motor has been as fast as 11.30's in a lighter car and 4.30 gear. Were hoping to get her down around 11.60's with this setup.
dart.jpg

Looks like a fun ride. Glad to see another 66 Dart on the track. There's a few here on FABO. Looks like with plenty of tire traction isn't a problem. toolman

Thanks, I hope to get my car to the track in the next week or so, and I was trying to guesstimate what it might run. An 11.80 would make me happy for sure.

-
Back