Big block dart oil pan question

-

MOPARMAGA

" The other hard member"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Guys I bought a milodon single line swivel pickup kit last year & apparently there's only 2 milodon pans which will work & both are expensive + recommended tubular k-member, have any of you done or would it be possible to get a pan that's more specific for stock k-member / engine plate & just use a static pick up with my external line.
Thank you kindly in advance

What pan is it? That Milodon stuff is usually pretty reasonable.
Not sure of the number at tue moment, it is a 7 quart pan for external line, it's price is reasonable (not the issue though) I'm just wondering if I can just use a static pick up instead of my swinging pick up. I don't want a dragster pan or the 8 inch deep old super-stock style

31151 is the recommended pan for tge swivel pickup oiling. Is anyone using this with stock steering linkage ? I will be modifying the k-member

upload_2021-8-11_23-41-31.jpeg

30931 should work for you with static pickup.
Years ago I had a 30930 (same pan without the flat and hole) in a duster that went 9s.
Pan was modified for static pickup.
Stock K and steering

Last edited:
Cool thank you

terrible road clearance tho.^^^^^^^^^

u can bet that the full length pan wont fit , I run the 9 qt pan and still had to modify the front with a tubular k memeber

Last edited by a moderator:
terrible road clearance tho.^^^^^^^^^

u can bet that the full length pan wont fit , I run the 9 qt pan and still had to modify the front with a tubular k memeber
Is the 9 qt pan you have the super stock type with the drag link tunnel ?

Those milodon’s are 7 inch deep, the 7qt Moroso pan is 8in and had poor ground clearance.
Big difference, at least that’s what she said

Is the 9 qt pan you have the super stock type with the drag link tunnel ?

no, we ran that type on the old hemi car , was a genuine pain in the *** , I didnt want a tie rod tube pan on the fish------
thumbnail - Copy (2).jpg
IMG_0474 (1).JPG

Boy I wish I had some of the fun you've had.
Funny thing today I was asking my boss at the machine shop if he could order me a pan today, he looked at the pic & said oh I have one of those upstairs. I hot tanked it & glass peened it, man has it had a life. Brass brazing to fill holes, cracks & whatever...he said it's about 50 years old so maybe it's something, I'll use it for a mock up if it fits, as it is I can't tell if it's a-body or something else.

Boy I wish I had some of the fun you've had.
Funny thing today I was asking my boss at the machine shop if he could order me a pan today, he looked at the pic & said oh I have one of those upstairs. I hot tanked it & glass peened it, man has it had a life. Brass brazing to fill holes, cracks & whatever...he said it's about 50 years old so maybe it's something, I'll use it for a mock up if it fits, as it is I can't tell if it's a-body or something else.

I started off with an old funny car aluminum pan w/ the single line pick up , before going to the 9 qt milodon, had to rework the front of both of them --

I started off with an old funny car aluminum pan w/ the single line pick up , before going to the 9 qt milodon, had to rework the front of both of them --
Okay, I guess I should just plan on modifying whatever I buy. I had already planned to modify the k-member & box in whatever I need to cut out. I'm leaning towards the 31470 pan to use the swinging pick-up I have already since I never get back what I paid when I sell things. Probably set my car up a bit higher suspension wise, it will be a tad difficult with 2 inch fenderwell headers but I am thinking of spacers between the wheels & rotors up front since I'd like to get a little closer on the tire sizes maybe 26 up front

If you end up wanting the 31470, I have one brand new in the box. Save you some $

I have a dual swinging pick up from Milodon which did not fit in the car....tie rod tube style. Only used on dyno, cause it doesn't fit.....Milodon told me I must have told them it was a B body.....ya.....any way they said they had no pan for my Valiant. Made 1.

I have a dual swinging pick up from Milodon which did not fit in the car....tie rod tube style. Only used on dyno, cause it doesn't fit.....Milodon told me I must have told them it was a B body.....ya.....any way they said they had no pan for my Valiant. Made 1.

35 years ago I used an early BB milodon with the round tube in a 65 barracuda. With the stock trans mount and elephant ears, the tube was in the right spot and the center link fit fine. Problem was on an early A the centerlink is narrower, so when you tried to make a right turn, the centerlink (near the idlerarm) hit the pan.
I ended up modifying the v8 center link.

Last edited:
35 years ago I used an early BB milodon with the round tube in a 65 barracuda. With the stock trans mount and elephant ears, the tube was in the right spot and the center link fit fine. Problem was on an early A the centerlink is narrower, so when you tried to make a right turn, the centerlink (near the idlerarm) hit the pan.
I ended up modifying the v8 center link.
I wish it worked in my 66 Valiant. Have the V8 centerlink but it is a rectangular opening and it was about 2 inches further forward than I needed. Motor plate trans mount in stock location. Used Shumacher mounts to set it up. Of coarse the oil lines wouldn't work with the factory K frame.....it's all good now. Anybody need a pan?!!!

It helps to be handy

-
Back