Big block exhaust manifolds

-

tkowalchuk

70 Duster with a 440
Reaction score
Hey all I have a question. I have a chance to pic up a couple exhaust manifolds for 600$ Maybe cheaper. the casting numbers are:2899002 and 2863900.
I have a 70 duster with no power steering or brakes. I am putting a 71 440 into the car.

Are these the correct manifolds that would work with my setup?
The engine isn't anything special ATM just a mild rebuild from stock. If you require more info just let me know.

I live in Canada and to get a set of schuamacher truck-y it is around 1200$ For me.

Thanks for reading any input/knowledge is appreciated.

If those are the numbers, $600 is a good price. And yes big block A body.

How restrictive are these manifolds being for a 383 if I was to use on my 440.I read the 69s are the best ones but you pay an arm and a leg for them. Or should I just get tri-y headers?

If those ARE the 383 A-body exhaust manifolds, they may not fit properly on your 440 (the driver's side one has a big "kink" to go around the steering column). Since the deck on the 440 is higher and wider than the 383 there could be interference there.
I know there is a 440 A-body manifold too, but it's extremely rare and $$ if you can even find one.

If those ARE the 383 A-body exhaust manifolds, they may not fit properly on your 440 (the driver's side one has a big "kink" to go around the steering column). Since the deck on the 440 is higher and wider than the 383 there could be interference there.
I know there is a 440 A-body manifold too, but it's extremely rare and $$ if you can even find one.

Ya that's what I was wondering about whether it would fit around the steering column

They will fit fine.
I don`t know about those stock manifolds, but there is one drivers side manifold in the Tulsa craigslist for $100 . it looks to be the 440 manifold to me, but , what do I know !

-
Back