big block headers?

-

dart 75

Reaction score
i know this has prolly been beat to death,i looked on here and couldn't find my answer,who makes the most affordable set of headers for a 68 dart with a 400?they dn't got to b fancy,just do the job?thanks all

Unfortunately there are'nt very many low cost headers for big block A bodies. But rumor has it that certain B body headers will also fit. The fact that you're running a low deck engine could help with that too. There are some less costly sets available for B bodied cars. You might want to look into that.

Ted

Has anyone out there used the schumaucher tri-y headers? If so how do they perform? any info would be appreciated. Thanks

You may have already gotten all the responses you were looking for. But i have a factory 69 M code and I have had 3 sets of headers. Hookers, Heddman, and no finally schumacher. I have to say the best $ ever spent. These headers fit great,easy install. They didnt need to be beat in to clear the torsion bars, or center link. The thick flanges are also a really nice thing. No more warping , I hope. Even though you have to use longer bolts now to install. Cant really comment on performance as my car will never see the track again. The car is worth to much, lol. But i have nothing but good things to say about the headers, and the support from schumacher. Top of the line.

Has anyone out there used the schumaucher tri-y headers? If so how do they perform? any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I have the tri-y headers. I run a 440 with 500hp. I run a 12.00@112 MPH with mufflers on. I am happy with them. I can probably get more out of my car if i went with better flow header like TTI. But i am happy with my car the way it runs at the track and on the street. Plus the tri-y headers fit a lot nicer to me, then the TTI's.

I went with the Schumachers also. I'm not a big racer and wanted the easiest, most simple setup. They are excellent quality and have good clearance. The tri-y's do have to be modified for a 4-speed car.

-
Back