Big Block in a 67 Dart Convertible

-

67VERTGT

Reaction score
Im thinkin bout puttin a 440 in my 67 Dart Convertible my biggest concern is twisting the body i know i need to tie the frame do you recommed doing anything else i dnt know if i want to put a cage in it i got a 67 440 with 915 heads a .509 cam and i was thinkin bout a tunnel ram its goin to stay a automatic but what do you guys think bout it twistin its prob goin to get mini tubbed & im goin to run drag radials or cheater slicks with a cal trac mono leaf setup with a stock front suspension with drag shocks im just worried bout it twisting i dnt want any buckles in my quarters n i want to be able to open my doors i dont know if i will ever take it to the track cuz you never know anything is possible so what do you guys think How much do i have to worry bout it twisting or would you even recommed doin it to a drop top?

My son's 67 convertible has a 440 backed by an 18-spline four speed and a 3.23SG 8-3/4 with ABSOLUTELY NO TRACTION HELP. He has sub-frame connectors and the body feels much stiffer than our 68 GTS convertible, but I still won't do anything to increase grip in a straight line, but the car does handle very well. I am doing the same thing to my 67 Barracuda convertible, but with a 727.

Im thinkin bout puttin a 440 in my 67 Dart Convertible my biggest concern is twisting the body i know i need to tie the frame do you recommed doing anything else i dnt know if i want to put a cage in it i got a 67 440 with 915 heads a .509 cam and i was thinkin bout a tunnel ram its goin to stay a automatic but what do you guys think bout it twistin its prob goin to get mini tubbed & im goin to run drag radials or cheater slicks with a cal trac mono leaf setup with a stock front suspension with drag shocks im just worried bout it twisting i dnt want any buckles in my quarters n i want to be able to open my doors i dont know if i will ever take it to the track cuz you never know anything is possible so what do you guys think

You do know you are using the weakest body type available to build a racecar. Save the 'vert for someone to restore, cruise and enjoy.

How much do i have to worry bout it twisting or would you even recommed doin it to a drop top?
It's almost guaranteed to twist if you get any of the power to the ground.
In my opinion, you'd be better off to use a hardtop, or better yet a 2dr post car.

Again, JMHO....

I honestly dont want anything stock i want something with a WOW factor n a drop top with a Big Block n tunnel ram i think will do it i just dont want to twist it

Like I said, keep it traction limited and run welded-in subframe connectors and you should be fine. For added strength, weld all seams, too.

Tunnel Ram is a "wow" factor again?

-
Back