Big Block log style exhaust manifolds fittment in A body.?

-

mostrood

Reaction score
I have a Duster that Im finishing a 440 for. I met a nice guy whos late father collected Mopar, hell sell me the 2203262 and 2205898 log looking manifolds for $160. My biggest question is do these work in A bodies? Are these 426 manis? I hear different opinions. Im thinking thats a very fair price. Hes throwing in some 67-76 a body exh manifolds too for $40. Thanks for the clarification!

I have a Duster that Im finishing a 440 for. I met a nice guy whos late father collected Mopar, hell sell me the 2203262 and 2205898 log looking manifolds for $160. My biggest question is do these work in A bodies? Are these 426 manis? I hear different opinions. Im thinking thats a very fair price. Hes throwing in some 67-76 a body exh manifolds too for $40. Thanks for the clarification!

Shout out here , there is a drivers side max wedge ex. manifold on facebook ...in Okla . I think ...

Thanks but I can buy a couple here just curious if the myth that they fit A bodies is true.

If they are rear dump (behind the last exhaust port) they passenger side will NOT fit. Not too sure of the driver side.

If they are rear dump (behind the last exhaust port) they passenger side will NOT fit. Not too sure of the driver side.
They are rear dump thank you so much. Did you try this first hand?

I have a local friend who is an old Mopar guy from way back. He SAID he put a 440 in a 65 Barracuda in the late 60s using log manifolds and fabricated mounts. He's a welder by trade and a really GOOD old school welder, so the mounts I can see. I never questioned him about it, but I cannot see any way in the WORLD any manifolds would fit a 440 in a early A body.

I have a local friend who is an old Mopar guy from way back. He SAID he put a 440 in a 65 Barracuda in the late 60s using log manifolds and fabricated mounts. He's a welder by trade and a really GOOD old school welder, so the mounts I can see. I never questioned him about it, but I cannot see any way in the WORLD any manifolds would fit a 440 in a early A body.

I have seen the rear dump manifolds swapped side to side with funky exhaust routing. That may be what he did. I have also seen B-body HP manifolds on a "B" motor in an early A-body.

Put the logs on with the exit forward, and hook em to two small turbos, and exit out the turbos straight down. You won't need mufflers .

-
Back