Big Block Swinger from Oklahoma

-
I guess you have'nt heard the term RAT KILLER by MOPAR!!

I thought for sure this thread would turn into a train wreck LOL I guess people like it. not as cool as the 5.0 in the dart though lmao...

hey sideways, i'm right up the road from you in chickasha.. nice to see someone so close on here.

we were just throwing around ideas for our 440 Valiant project. so we decided to graft on an 86 mustang nose, fill the back with gen II camaro tailight panel, chop the top 6 iinches. Power will be a Supra twin turbo 6 cylinder, backed by a torque tube from a 50 chevy and a pantera transaxle. 5 inch drums all around from a cushman cart will provide the stopping power.

Ok I made that crap up...

Thats why they call it car crafting. do what ya want, who cares what the others think, right? unless you find you do care what they think.. ENJOY

don't want to get banned,the rear tires fit nice....:tard:

Good luck on the tour. I caught it as it came through Joplin last year by chance while working and stayed at the Holiday Inn with many of them. As I was coming home to Tulsa area they were all going to Stillwater, OK for their next stop. I would love to see it again. Truley a bunch of nice people enjoying what they like to do. Im jealious!

Shouldn't that read a BLOWN and TURBO'd Cummins in a A-body..?

By the way, I met Side yesterday, good guy, and a BIG man, so don't rag on him too much, I can't say i blame him for running what he's got, after all aint that what hot rodding is all about is innovation and making the best of what ya got? Besides, he's a hell of a mechanic..who else could Put a Chebbie in mopar and make it work right the first time? LOL just kiddin Side... don't beat me till i get the Duster finished please. :violent1:

Don't give the guy credit for doing something different. Hot rods are about building what you want, restoring is about building what everyone things it should be. Screw the knuckleheads......

well that car is ruined, takes as much effort to cross brand as what it would to put a mopar big block in it

well that car is ruined, takes as much effort to cross brand as what it would to put a mopar big block in it
And be like the thousands of OTHER big block a-bodies....So if doing something different means you "ruined" the car guess my Dart is going to get ruined.....

And be like the thousands of OTHER big block a-bodies....So if doing something different means you "ruined" the car guess my Dart is going to get ruined.....

thousand of other bigblocks, like there falling out of trees:sign3:

I don't believe in crossbreeding engines, if you want a chev engine buy a chev, if you want a ford, buy one...

craparo's are like assholes you can pick them up all day long for nearly nothing

thousand of other bigblocks, like there falling out of trees:sign3:

I don't believe in crossbreeding engines, if you want a chev engine buy a chev, if you want a ford, buy one...

craparo's are like assholes you can pick them up all day long for nearly nothing

FYI....there is a forum on this site dedicated to big blocks.....and there is that other site......what is it called.....oh yeah BIG BLOCK DART
where they are falling out of trees.....

As to your belief system.....everyone is entitled to their own opinion....what makes yours the right one for everyone? :finga::stfu:

Don't know what planet you live on but none of these old cars can be picked up for nearly nothing....at least not if they are in good shape....

I don't know why anyone would put a sewing machine motor in a mopar. after doing so, it is no longer a mopar. motorparts.

I would put in the popcorn emoticon but I'm on my iPhone...this ought to get good...

edit: :happy1:

here we go

I was ask about the frame connectors and I told the guy I would get more pictures. and I should have the new aluminum radiator in Thursday. also got the front seat mounted. the engine is out so I can rebuild the transmission and paint the inner fenders and firewall. Sorry guys it won't be black it will be the original frosty green.
101_3109_zps613e4937.jpg

101_3112_zps42097322.jpg

101_3110_zpsd340aad4.jpg

you should put some mopar performance stickers on the valve covers and watch everyone scratch there head when they look under the hood. lol. not my taste but id rather see a chevy motor in a dart than it sitting up on blocks rotting away. enjoy the car man.

Well....

I got to say, even though this is one of the biggest abominations I've seen and ever imagined. It's better than the 5.0 in that dart we saw recently.

Why?

Sound. Mustang 5.0 sound like **** cause of that funky firing order they run, yes I said it, that's my opinion. Here's another opinion to blast me on, SBC motors have the best sound of any engine I've ever heard, BBC is second followed by the mopar engines.

That being said, I think I actually like this car, but sideways, what are you running for a tranny and rear? I missed it somehow.

chevy motors sound the best? motors sound really good, right before they blowup!

I guess it has to do with my childhood. When I was but a wee lad (like since i was born up to age 10) dad had a '75 Silverado 2wd factory order with a 4" lift. It had a 350 with 305 heads, 4 barrel quadrajet on an aluminum intake, and it had dual exhaust once with glasspacks and later with turbo mufflers and it. Sounded. Sick! That truck wasn't just a stump puller, it'd shift the planet on its axis a little wjen the stump got jerked out. Dad sold it for parts though cause it got to the point where the motor was tired and his only good panel on the whole thing was the driverside fender.

Years later, hear we are with an '85 longbed with a GM 350 crate motor, he aint even done payin' for the truck and its sittin in the driveway blow'd the F up! LONG LIVE CHEVY!!! Pbpbpbpbpbpb.....

EDIT: point of that story was that I love the sound of a healthy SBC cause it makes me feel nostalgic.

Mustang 5.0 sound like **** cause of that funky firing order they run, yes I said it, that's my opinion.

Like you said it's your opinion, and you're entitled to it, but I have a query for you...which year Windsor engine do you speak of? Old 302s have a different firing order, first off. Second, the cylinder numbering on a Ford is different, so in reality if you map out the firing order on a piece of paper with correct sequence, the actual firing sequence on a 302HO, or "5.0" as so many like to mistakenly refer to it, ( 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8) is actually the same as about 95% of other domestic V8s...

Find another reason why you don't like the sound....it's probably the H pipe.

-
Back