Big bolt patter upgrade?

-

OriginalDart

Reaction score
I want to convert to the bigger bolt patter (4.5 i think) so I can expand my rim options. I've already upgraded to the 8 3/4 a body rear end. I'm pretty sure i just swap out the axels and drums for the most part, and switch hubs and drums in the front too.

Do I have that right and what other bumps might i come across down this road?

-Mopar or Nocar

are you doing disc in the front?,,,what disc do you want to use?

the 73 and new A body disc require the upper control arms also..along with the spindle, rotor..caliper..

rear...if you are not redrilling axles and drums...you need to order axles and get drums and matching backing plates...

call Doctor Diff.......

Why do you need to change driveshaft if he already has 8 3/4? Just needs redrill axle or replace axles.

Cool so i can redrill the axels and rear drums without compromising structural integrity? I didn't plan on switching the front to disc just yet if i dont have to...but i guess i might as well right?

If you want to run the same size rim all the way around with the same offset, the stock front discs are going to push you out (about .375" I think, anyone want to confirm or clarify?) So you might want to find out if that will effect anything by keeping the same rear track

Cool so i can redrill the axels and rear drums without compromising structural integrity?

No. You will compromise the structural integrity of the axle hubs because there is just barely enough meat there drill another set of holes for studs. The brake drums aren't a big deal as there is a good amount of room to re-drill them. Moser sells direct replacement axles for A-body housings that have the large bolt pattern. That's the only way I'd do it.

Quite a bit of work just for the wheel selection. There was a recent post where new alloy wheels are offered in SBP (17" I recall) for a reasonable price. Now if you also want front disks, BBP could make sense, but there are several ways to do that in SBP too.

-
Back