Big discs on early A

-

65cuda360

Reaction score
I'm putting 11 3/4" discs on my 65....what brake hoses will work? Anybody make braided stainless hoses that will it? The rotors and calipers/adaptors are 77-78 new yorker, monaco, cordoba, spindles are 73-76 A. Steel brake lines are 3/16" stock location.

Or just get the correct ends and measure for center length, thats what I did when the braided brake hoses came out. And they are still in use decades later.

Look around locally for a hydraulic hose supplier. That's what I did when I was putting my Viper calipers on. Many of those places make hoses on-site. I found a place 15 minutes from my house that made up hoses with the proper ends. He cut the hose and loosely assembled it so I could take it home & test fit the length, then I took it back, told him the length. He cut the hose & crimped it. I ended up going back and having him bend the banjo fitting about 15 degrees, no extra charge.

I don't have any photos, but can take one if you like.

Sorry, been out of commission with the flu. I 'll try to get a photo for you soon.

I'm putting 11 3/4" discs on my 65....what brake hoses will work? Anybody make braided stainless hoses that will it? The rotors and calipers/adaptors are 77-78 new yorker, monaco, cordoba, spindles are 73-76 A. Steel brake lines are 3/16" stock location.

Is the body brake line behind the suspension on that car? I know on 67-72 A-bodies it is.

I have braided lines I made myself in 1997. My calipers were rear mounted and the body brake line is behind the front suspension. But my calipers are the pin type, not the sliders. So the position of the line on the caliper may need different length.

Attachments

• Copy of Hotchkis7_26_10TVSbuildSm14.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 364
  • Hotchkis7_26_10TVSbuildSm29.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 374
  • Hotchkis7_26_10TVSbuildSm38.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 367
  • BrakeLineRearMountPinType2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 365
OK, here's a photo of the ones on my car. Keep in mind that these are rear-mounted Viper calipers on an 11.75" rotor using AR Engineering's kit for adapting Viper calipers to this rotor. No hoses are included with the kit. If you are using front-mounted factory calipers, this may not help you, but anyway...here's the photo.

Attachments

• IMG_0538 (Medium).JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 366
By the way, my brake hoses are approx 15" in length.

I'll have to look tomorrow I think the calipers are in front and the tie rods come in behind the spindles. I'll have to mock everything up and check....my lca's are still at my friends shop, he didn't have a chance to press the bushings in friday. Not positive, but i think the steel lines on the body are slightly behind the uca.

I'll have to look tomorrow I think the calipers are in front and the tie rods come in behind the spindles. I'll have to mock everything up and check....my lca's are still at my friends shop, he didn't have a chance to press the bushings in friday. Not positive, but i think the steel lines on the body are slightly behind the uca.

I'd flip the spindles to the other side and put the calipers to the back. That will give you more room to hook up a front sway bar end links.

I did this and used F-body hoses :glasses7:

Do the F-body hoses have a hard line that comes off the banjo for about 2-3 inches? I find that type hose a little harder to deal with when you mount rear hung calipers on rear hard line A-bodies. But I've seen it done.

There is a 76 Cordoba or something brake hose with a banjo and without that hard line section.

I have a set of addco sway bars to put on. Do I need to swap spindles? Hoses right behind/below UCA.

Attachments

• 20130311_115952.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 335
  • 20130309_152627.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 338
I have a set of addco sway bars to put on. Do I need to swap spindles? Hoses right behind/below UCA.

Does the Addco bar's end links mount in the stock location for an original sway bar LCA? Meaning at the end of the LCA?

have just finished addco front bar mounting, copied someone else's idea and made better bar mounting pictures should help. Was this a hi-jack?

Attachments

• 3-7-2013-4 finish install sway bar.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 325
  • 3-7-2013-6 finish install sway bar.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 327
have just finished addco front bar mounting, copied someone else's idea and made better bar mounting pictures should help. Was this a hi-jack?

That's a much better sway bar to K-frame setup than what comes with a Addco kit. Much like the Energy conversion adapters for 67-72 A-bodies (Mabye early A's too?).

If you made you sway bar end links any longer would the interfere with the front mounted calipers?

Is the Addco sway bar end link holes the same distance apart as a stock 64-66 A-body sway bar?

You have the end links going to the shock bolt. Are the end links tugged inward somewhat? The factory sway bars mount further out.

I've only read the insructions on the sway bars. was kinda puzzled when they said lower shock bolt.

Performance Online kit, using Challanger front brake parts and ball joints. They have never sent the right side ball joints and mounting bolts, going on about 1 year now. Used Addco parts and made a formed side bracket and cross brace. Hellwig bars for early a are said to be "work of art" on good bracket design and fit. I only can say about the Addco bar myself.

-
Back