Big Oak Garage is Hiring

-

Big Oak Garage

Reaction score
Here at Big Oak we are currently looking for someone with experience in the hot rod/restoration field. We are a growing hot rod/restoration shop in North East Alabama that has had a great response with our last build a 1965 Dart. We have plenty of work lined up so we are looking for someone to come in and hit the ground running with fresh ideas and the skills to help take Big Oak to the next level. Not only do we build great 8 award winning hot rods we build high quality and safe cars that can be driven coast to coast. You can check out all of our builds at www.bigoakgarage.com

PM me if interested

Attachments

• d5843980-c685-11e4-a121-2106a2dfe4d7__OZD6238.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 556
  • 10991507_10100460309014368_7803329226360125311_o.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 564
Your last build was my favorite build of the year! Whoever you hire on is going to be on the A Team!

Its hard to believe that you would throw that pic out there without giving us a good look inside the engine compartment! Where do you run your front wiring harness on your builds to keep your engine compartment clean looking?
Best of luck in your search,
Rod

I went through all the build pics and this was is not posted, but if you look close all the wiring runs through the inner fender well area. There is a rubber close out panel that goes in there so you can not see the wires from the inner fender side plus it protects all the wiring from the elements of driving.

Attachments

• 100_3233.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 388
Its hard to believe that you would throw that pic out there without giving us a good look inside the engine compartment! Where do you run your front wiring harness on your builds to keep your engine compartment clean looking?
Best of luck in your search,
Rod

Found a better pic

Attachments

• 1536b319-7fe4-43bc-8ec2-32c564c73317.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 382
Dang,, If I was only 30 years younger....................

Hey man, I follow you on Instagram. Can you post more pictures of that torque arm please!!

What gas struts are those? I've been wanting to do this to my hood as well but the original fiberglass snorkel scoop weighs a ton.

I'm guessing I'll need about 90lbs each side for the this.

Riddler

What gas struts are those? I've been wanting to do this to my hood as well but the original fiberglass snorkel scoop weighs a ton.

I'm guessing I'll need about 90lbs each side for the this.

Riddler

We got them from LST in Saskatoon, SK. The Part number for the spring is c19-14-1350n. He can put any style end on them as well.
http://www.lstechnologies.ca/

Thank you. How did you know what length and weight you needed? Did you just show them what you had to work with and go from there?

Riddler

I had some laying around that were off of a C5 corvette. So I started with them and figured out that the length was going to work just need more power. The guys at LST can help you out as far as what lb you will need. The hood on our dart is a good bit heaver than a stock because of all the modifications we had to make to clear the magnacharger.

Attachments

• fa247025-3b0d-4612-b0a0-c4666fb89837.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 198
We got them from LST in Saskatoon, SK. The Part number for the spring is c19-14-1350n. He can put any style end on them as well.
http://www.lstechnologies.ca/

1st time I have seen LST here on FABO, have had them on my Prowler since 2007, they have sold hundreds to Prowler owners around the world

If anyone needs gas shocks would recommend calling them for anything, a little more expensive, but a lot better than getting hit in he head and decide you need to replace them again.

They will do black, polished stainless and I think even chrome

Beautiful car and like the gas shock idea, good thing you have a high quality gas shock since it would be a hard job to replace.

1st time I have seen LST here on FABO, have had them on my Prowler since 2007, they have sold hundreds to Prowler owners around the world

If anyone needs gas shocks would recommend calling them for anything, a little more expensive, but a lot better than getting hit in he head and decide you need to replace them again.

They will do black, polished stainless and I think even chrome

Beautiful car and like the gas shock idea, good thing you have a high quality gas shock since it would be a hard job to replace.

They were really good to work with. We were 100% satisfied with there products and service. Believe it or not they are not that bad to get to. You can reach the bottom of the strut if you open the door and remove a panel that we made and they are right there.

Love to come build engines for you. I'm in Georgia though and it would take a ton to get us moved.

-
Back