Big smallblock power..Turbo?

-
When I started looking I found that no one makes a turbo "kit" for A body's. Everything will have to be fabricated.

MShred. I think you are wrong here. Momoparman commented on your original post, where you were talking about a naturally aspriated build, and turbo build, in the same sentence. He went off on a tangent about a stock 340, which is apparently not of interest to you. Had you politely declined the interst in a stock 340 versus a stroked HP build, or ignored his input you would have shown maturity beyond your years, but you did not. Had you ignored his inappropriate Canadian jabs, you would have also shown yourself to be a class above, but you got drawn in. Make no mistake, you started the aggressive negativity talking about hockey sticks up the keister.

Momoparman. I think you are wrong here too. You may have misread the initial post about turbo versus stoker naturally aspriated. Yet, once it was pointed out that a stock 340 was not what he wanted you persisted with more posts on stock 340. Your "cannucks" and "eh" stuff may have been humorous to you, but not to him. You tried to keep it in "fun" but added your canadian jabs at the same time. The politics you launched are not going to do anything at this point, but inflame the situation. Once in a fight, do you really think that your "patriotism" crap is going to make him back down? One of the reasons the US is under attack is the perception of our arrogance. I wonder where the other countries get that idea...EH?

well here is the first response that i made to him....there is no attitude or instigating going on, just restating what i had originally asked (not what one thinks a 19 year old should be doing or driving)

"thanks but i already have direction for my build....this is for future upgrades, just thinking ahead right now..I know the 340 that i have is more than enough...this will be my daily driver car in the summer months (oh and the body is already done if you havent seen my avatar) and when i dont drive this i have a 200 dollar beater car that is a yuppy on gas to get me around...it really doesnt matter how old i am to judge my need for speed since i work for everything i have done to this car and am in quite a comfortable financial situation, i just probably wont be doing motor rebuilds and stuff when im done which is what im referring to when i say broke...i will have to wait a while till i can do this stuff im mentioning, probably atleast a couple years...oh and a stock 340 isnt enough for me:iconbigg: stock anything isnt"

He totally ignored the question which was about strokers or turbos to talk about stock 340's...if you dont have anything to contribute then dont bother trying to, but he did for some reason...i answered him in the way i did trying to get the thread back on track since i seem to notice than when things like this are said threads go off point...the hockey stick up the keister is what the man deserves for even making what may seem to you as little canadian jokes like canucks and such...he needs to get off his almighty im american pedestal and come back to reality...sometimes those who think they are king **** are really king dog ****:-D...if this is not mature then oh well, i held my maturity long enough but didnt really feel like putting up with pimp cudas **** so there you have it...now back to the original question

hey guys, thanks for all the great pointers on the turbo setups...i realize that a turbo will probably run me more than a motor rebuild (especially since the fuel system is quite costly, but i dont plan to buy all the pretty crap that most do, as long as it works im down)...I think turbo is just a better setup for the long run since you can always turn up the boost (provided the motor can handle it)...but then again, most turbo cars dont have the radical idle that a solid lifter 340 does with a big cam and high compression- but then that isnt streetable lol...decisions decisions

The "pretty crap" I assume your talking about -AN fittings and braided line.

The key thing with the fuel system is fuel line size, what the pump and regulator can flow at certain pressure and LBS/HR.
Also keep in mind that if you ever want to run E85 make sure your fuel lines and tank can handle it.

However you want to do it, just make sure you do it right the first time.

The "pretty crap" I assume your talking about -AN fittings and braided line.

The key thing with the fuel system is fuel line size, what the pump and regulator can flow at certain pressure and LBS/HR.
Also keep in mind that if you ever want to run E85 make sure your fuel lines and tank can handle it.

However you want to do it, just make sure you do it right the first time.

yes i agree with what your saying about the fuel system, i just dont believe in spending a ton of money on pretty looking fittings thats all...i dont think i would ever plan to run e85 as i dont know much about it

where i can buy the turbo manifolds for mi 318 small block,i wanted to build a twin turbo engine, the only part thats stop me is the manifols or headers. thanks for your help.

-
Back