Big Thanks To Auto Custom Carpets / UPS Sucks

-

hoosierdaddy

Reaction score
I want everyone to know this is a stand up company . I ordered 10 yards of carpet for 2 jobs I'm doing , keep in mind I've ordered from them for years without issue . They ship UPS and it seemed like the package was late so I had them track the package and found it was at the local depot with a message to check back later . The package arrived the next day damaged and over sized . I knew by the weight of the box there was a problem . Somewhere along the way my package was opened , carpet removed and a chin spoiler for some unknown vehicle was placed in the box and taped back together . ACC starts a claim with UPS and I was suppose to be contacted , the next thing I know is I have a call tag on my door . I met the UPS driver the next day and the driver already knew what happened and said the've had a lot of problems like this with the Christmas help and still no call from UPS . ACC calls to let me know my carpet is being shipped back to them because it was refused twice . What? I realized later that day the chin spoiler I received was being sent back to ACC . The package arrived and I was informed the UPS rep was going to inspect the package and make a decision . I got a call the next day and was told the claim was denied because the carpet was shipped in an unapproved container (BS) . ACC ended up crediting my account and reshipping the carpet , so when you order carpet for your cars please keep these people in mind . Never did get a phone call from UPS . What a POS company

I ordered a grill for my Scamp and it was delivered via Fedex. It was to be signed for and inspected BEFORE being dropped off. The driver damn near folded the box in half and just left it on my front porch. When I got home from work I was POed to say the least! I took pictures, called them, started a claim all the ****. I got now where. They never did make it right. They told me the same thing as you, it was an unapproved shipping container. What a load of BS. I think that is their way out of paying for the stuff they damage. Pass the buck as they say:BangHead:

in all fairness they do ship many millions of packages successfully.
I would guess their failure rate to be in the .01% or less.
Although I did get a large package once that had tire tracks running accross it...lol

I used FedEx to ship a well packed and protected trunk lid. The shop manager watched the FedEx driver drop it on the ground on one of the corners. You guessed it - the trunk lid was damaged. As the shipper I filed the claim with lots of before pictures of the trunk lid and pictures and statement supplied by the shop manager. FedEx paid the claim for what it was insured for plus the shipping. I will always insure to cover damage and/or loss.

Last edited:
UPS has damaged so many things for me that I will never use them again, the last time was the box was round when I got it all tapped up when I made the claim, actually the shipper made the claim UPS sent him the check and he kept it, because I got it off eBay eBay reimbursed me the full amount. Yes UPS is a POS company.

Someone says that they handle most packages ok, that may be ok until its your package, i worked for ATT ,35 years, and UPS was suppose to have someone sign for packages,at businesses, but the office i worked in ,was not always manned,i traveled between offices, working on multi-million dollar switches, UPS sat a box on the porch of our central office on Friday afternoon, which had no cover, I had left at 4:30/pm ,that afternoon, they sat the package on the porch at 4;50 pm, it contained 2 $80,000 circuit packs, and it rained about 6 inches that weekend and soaked the package, i found them on Monday morning, so it was a $160,000 mistake, they had to make up for. Then this Christmas, i live in a rural area and there is 6 mail boxes on the corner of the county road i live on, I watched the UPS driver get out and set 4 packages against the mail boxes post at 11am, made no attempt to set them on the porches of where they were to be delivered, i went and got my package, was a $400 ring i had ordered to replace one that was stolen at a burglary of my home. I could have picked up the other 3 packages ,had i been a thief, i watched off and on the rest of the day and the last one was picked up at 6pm , when the couple got home from work.SO ,I MAKE NO EXCUSES FOR LAZY ASSES, THAT MAKE NO ATTEMPT TO DELIVER PACKAGES, LIKE THEY ARE GETTING PAID TO DO, AFTER ALL,UPS WORKERS MAKE GOOD MONEY, AND HAS EXCELLENT RETIREMENT, AND BENEFITS. Had i sat your computer or router in the rain while i worked for ATT, and they had got ruined, the next day i would have been job hunting.

Last edited:
UPS classic MO with claims.... deny deny deny!!!

The inappropriate/unapproved container is the go to denial.

Stuff happens when things goo wrong.

I had a snowboard (700) and a bunch of speed parts get stolen off my front porch during a holiday season. I specifically told the snowboard co to put "deliver to back door". Summit shipped new stuff, I got screwed by the UPS and the snowboard co.....nothing was covered by either co....was told "the site is secure".....otherwise, no problems. Who leaves that much stuff on someones doorstep anyway? I have a offsite mailbox now as I have to admit I don't live in the best of gated communities....(sarcasm).

I went to the UPS web site and couldn't find any specification for an approved container . I would like to try an experiment this week , anyone that comes into contact with a UPS driver or employee this ask them what an approved container is . Next weekend post your findings here , I'm interested in knowing if the information even exist .

... i worked for ATT ,35 years,...working on multi-million dollar switches, .... they sat the package on the porch at 4;50 pm, it contained 2 $80,000 circuit packs...
Holy cow, I think I know what those circuit cards were for! Our switch has an A/B card system that operates hundreds of line cards. If the A card malfunctions (always does), the B card kicks in and handles the call switching. Then the 'system' put the A card back on line that night only to fail again the next day during high call volumes. I keep asking WTF, why we don't replace the damn A card and the frame guy tells me its 80 grand and there are none available.

I gave up on UPS when the local UPS store people got to be such assholes I wouldn't deal with them anymore. Then had a part I bought and was shipped Fed Ex, signature required per my request. Tracked it and it was "left on front porch". Well it wasn't my front porch. Or my neighbors'. I always ship USPS now. No damage. No loss. No issues.

Living in a gated community doesn't make anyone immune from the porch pirates. I know who did it, someone, stole 6 boxes containing cylinder heads off my porch... you figure out the value there.

UPS said it was a safe spot, I disagreed. Vendor would not replace, called credit card company... done deal. I'll never deal with the vendor again after what a service rep told me regarding my account. F them!!! UPS pretty much makes me sign for EVERYTHING anymore which is what should be occurring anyways. $5 or $5000... leaving items on porches is STUPID!

My other favorite with UPS was the air grabber box set up I shipped in a very suitable box. Plenty of air space, bubble wrap and peanuts everywhere. Denied, item not shipped in approved manner. Yeah I guess not when you run my box over with a fricken TRUCK!!!! Two big tire tracks across the box. Guess they need a wheel chock or something. I got paid but it took MONTHS!

I have bought and sold a lot of items over the years. I find that most of the damage claims are do to sellers not packaging items properly. I believe that would be what they would call "unapproved packaging".

-
Back