Central Pa 17059
Reaction score
i have some pics to upload. i posted links to my other threads. So far i have
-patched the front floors (pics soon)
-restored the engine bay, fixed the inner fenders
-front end kit from pst
-disc brake swap from a 70+ dart
-replaced the torsion bar crossmember

right now its has been outsourced to get a back half and 10pt cage. Ladder bars and coil over. the chasis stuff is out of my ability range.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=130209

welcome wagon thread
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=81844

I plan on doing either a 400 or 440 stroker engine around 500CI

100_0975.jpg

the fenders hood bumpers and trunk lid will be fiberglass

100_2353.jpg

here ar the floor boards after i dug out the old patches which were seam sealed in and bolted in the corners. I drilled out the spot welds and replaced them just as the factory would have. I'm a pro with a spot weld cutter, (now). There is alot of that kind of stuff going on here. I spent the majority of my time so far unfixing the things that the "other guy" "fixed"
100_2369.jpg

This looks like it will be fun.
What are you going to put under the hood.
And I digging the wood work on the walls of your dads shop.

This looks like it will be fun.
What are you going to put under the hood.
And I digging the wood work on the walls of your dads shop.

probably a 440 with a stroker kit. either that or a 400 to save some weight. I'm limited by the fit of the headers if you use a 400 you have to use heads with non stock exhaust ports. (as i understand it) whichever way it will be about 500 CI. I intend on doing the motor last. that way once i start it up the first time i dont have to wait anymore to drive it.
its gonna be a while but it will be worth it

i can put two soda cans in there end to end and still have over an inch od dish left. A guy who has a 64 falcon told me that short back space will let you get the wheels on and off. Not to mention i Love DISH. thats a pro street staple in my book

Attachments

• 100_1142.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 1,443
I don't know about the offset, but the tire width is Ideal for rolling lawns (seasonal) on the side....won't take much time with that 440 stroker either!

Man ...those are some huge meats...can't wait to see em under there.

it's coming home tomorrow. pics late tomorrow night. the color it is is really growing on me. when i bought it I hated it(the color). I bet that happens alot

i can put two soda cans in there end to end and still have over an inch od dish left. A guy who has a 64 falcon told me that short back space will let you get the wheels on and off. Not to mention i Love DISH. thats a pro street staple in my book

Built my first '69 Dart to run NHRA Super Street and did the same thing. Had 14x32's all under the car. Back-halved rear with Super Stock springs and coil-over front suspension. Car sat low, looked really cool, and launched straight as could be.
The only bad thing was the rules prohibited raising the stock rear wheel opening but did permit lengthening it. Had to lengthen the opening 4" to get clearance for the big meats. The Dart had such a short wheel opening that even with deep wheels like yours and the short backspacing, I still had to jack the car way up in the back and disconnect the rear springs from the shackles to let the rear drop enough to remove the slicks.
Hope you don't have the same issue.

funny you should mention it that. i think what he said was i would have to take loose the coil overs. I wont know for sure till i get the tubs in. at any rate it wont be fun to do at the track. Nothin i shouldn't be able to pull off with a set of jack stands and a floor jack.

here it is. got to get some sheet aluminum to start on the interior panels. tomorrow i raise the drive shaft tunnel.

Attachments

• 100_1190.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 1,293
  • 100_1192.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,309
  • 100_1193.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 1,317
You might want to look at your bar placement if you want thatn to tech just my opinion.

what bar? which rule? could you be more specific please. I know very little about the rules. I only know its a pre fab jegster cage and it supposed to "meet and exceed IHRA and NHRA standards.

LOOKING KOOL love a prostreet fat tire mopar,,,when your done can i use your lift?? lol

i think i decided on an engine combo. going with the 400 block 500 cu in stroker kit from 440 source and edelbrock victor heads. as for he cam and carb something big. I like the victors because they give me room to grow in the future. My initial goal will be for high 600 low 700hp range. w/ out of the box victors. i read a car craft article about them they are good for it.

-
Back