Bigredlids 68 Valiant 100 Pro Street big block

-
havent updated in a while. i have been working on the interior area. I managed to salvage the windshield rubber. I got the door jams prepped. I am heading to spring carlisle this weekend. im gonna sort through the tube socks and $.50 wrenches and see if i can find a fuel cell and some other universal type parts.

yep i plan on driving it to the track. I grew up in the 80's and 90's. I am a lover of the "Prostreet" trend.

Valiants are the coolest especially when they are back halved!=D>
MY NEXT VALINT WILL BE BACK HALVED. Is this going to be street/strip?

possibly sassy grass green w black/aluminum interior. gettung to the point where im gonna have to pic a color

just back from a very productive trip to carlile yesterday. got a nos quarter panel for $250, that and a sunburn. also went with my dad and spent the day trying to talk him into trading me his b1 heads set up for my tax return this winter, (not sure if it worked)

Looks like we are on the same page. What stage are you at now?

Attachments

• DSC00026.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 593
  • DSC00027.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 578
i think i decided on an engine combo. going with the 400 block 500 cu in stroker kit from 440 source and edelbrock victor heads. as for he cam and carb something big. I like the victors because they give me room to grow in the future. My initial goal will be for high 600 low 700hp range. w/ out of the box victors. i read a car craft article about them they are good for it.

thats exactly what im doing except RB 512... i have the victors and they are verry nice!

WARNING though!!!

buy them bare, no valves, no cut seats nothing!!

i bought them with valves and seats.... bad idea...

Eddy machining is horrible... the guides were bananna shaped, the seats were off... so after spending 2200 or what ever it was it was almost another 1K to have them right!

but i still think they are a great head!

Attachments

• 512 Stroker (29).JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 615
  • 512 Stroker (31).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 611
  • 512 Stroker (4).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 605
I bought Eddies as well for my 408 (not installed in first pic) and you are 100% right on the factory machine.....quality. NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING IS BOLT ON. Guides out & tight in most places swarf every place. It cost me about $350.00 in the machine shop to learn this. Eddies customer service was no help at all. My last Eddie product ever.

I was really disapoint in Eddie's quality. I guess Ed does not have quality control off shore,,,,,re, assembled in the USA, manufactured Hong Kong. I've got about 100 miles on the engine and will be pulling the heads before it goes in the Valiant, just for a looky lou by the machine shop.

Attachments

• Oil Pan 2.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 556
  • DSC00017.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 589
its going to be B-1's. also since i last was on here got my fiberglass. i hope to have my bodywork done by the summer. im doing it myself and learning on the fly. a friend of the family who is a body man is gonna help me out on the quarter panel.

new pics new pics..nice ride you got there...

i havent posted anything lately on here cause money has been tight. but this long weekend i got my aluminum in. i bought a bead roller and went to town.
still needs cleaned and polished.....
100_2408.jpg

DO you have the factory fenders and hood and are they available for sale?? Steve

nice ride, can appreciate the custom fab work,penstar logo looks legit ; ) car has a mean stance, ...trash it, ill pick it up for free ; )
jk man, keep it up!!!!

i havent posted anything lately on here cause money has been tight. but this long weekend i got my aluminum in. i bought a bead roller and went to town.
still needs cleaned and polished.....
100_2408.jpg

Bigred,
what bead roller did you get? How steep was the learning curve? Your handiwork looks pretty good. Loving the build. I personally really like the pro-street look/stance. L8r

Bigred,
what bead roller did you get? How steep was the learning curve? Your handiwork looks pretty good. Loving the build. I personally really like the pro-street look/stance. L8r

This is my first attempt. i watched the video on the website. and practiced on a few scrap pieces. i got the basic woodward fab kit from summit. it wasn't that hard at all. dont be afraid to try it.

-
Back