Bike build....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Anyone interested in following the build/rebuild of my bike? Don't want to put any time into it if it goes the way of the thread on the Dart....

yes, bikes and mopars go hand in hand.

Sure Doug, always interested in builds of all kinds. You never know what idea or technique can be transferred from one build to another. From bikes, cars, boats, etc. We can learn from all.
Post up pics!

I'm in...but looks perfect to me, what are you thinking ?

I'm in...but looks perfect to me, what are you thinking ?

Less rake in the frame, hopefully none in the triple clamps. Less stretch on both the up tube and backbone. Shorter forks, 6 gallon flat slide tanks to replace that 3.5 gallon one. Air Ride on the rear (if for nothing else to avoid ripping open the bottom of the motor, damn rocks), changes to the seat, a back rest and lots of black powder coating....at some point...more of a look similar to this.....

View attachment dougsprostreet (Small).jpg

Have had enough of the near constant fighting with the way it is now. The trail is way off making it a near constant battle with the bars. Simple ride to town and back, about 70 miles, my back & left shoulder are throbbing for a day or two. The little fuel tank makes riding a bit nerve wracking. Gas stations are few and far between. 100 miles a tank is about it. Kinda sucks having to stop at damn near every station when I am out and about. Just time for a change.....

I knew that.Couldn't help myself. LOL

Wish I still had my old Stingray.....like everything else from my childhood I beat it to death.....For that matter wish I still had my Dads old Schwinn 10 speed. Was blue, had long fenders on it with springs under the seat. Let a "friend" ride it home....he let someone "borrow" it .....never saw it again.....:violent2:

Post away, everybody likes build threads no matter what it is.

Post away, everybody likes build threads no matter what it is.

[Rant] God I wish that was the case, I for one love to see different builds and I don't think anyone's gonna be sore over a bike build, but do something to your car that the masses don't like and everybody gets butthurt. [/Rant]

[Rant] God I wish that was the case, I for one love to see different builds and I don't think anyone's gonna be sore over a bike build, but do something to your car that the masses don't like and everybody gets butthurt. [/Rant]

This is the very reason why, when/if I ever get around to finishing the car I will not talk about it here. There is a thread on it, but with close to zero interest in it I stopped adding to it. And with the crate LS3 that is going into it when/if I get around to it I am sure the chest thumping will get out of control. I will start my own blog about the car at some point....and post a link to it for anyone that is interested. This way anyone that starts thumping will be told exactly what I think of them........

Going to finally break down and by a lift table for the bike. Have been using a bike jack but it aint gonna cut it for this. Going to need something secure so that I can figure out the front end geometry. I made the mistake of taking the wife out for a brief ride a week or so ago....she suggested I build a more ride-able bike so we can cruise around up here. There is some beautiful country to be seen....and looking at it from behind a windshield of a car just aint gonna cut it....

This is the very reason why, when/if I ever get around to finishing the car I will not talk about it here. There is a thread on it, but with close to zero interest in it I stopped adding to it. And with the crate LS3 that is going into it when/if I get around to it I am sure the chest thumping will get out of control. I will start my own blog about the car at some point....and post a link to it for anyone that is interested. This way anyone that starts thumping will be told exactly what I think of them.........

This is exactly what I was thinking, (based on some things you've said before) and it's a damn shame. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your car and bike when you're willing and able.

Looks like my Hardcore II I put together a few years ago. Fun bike, weighs next to nothing and has a Rev Tech 110" in it. I still find it pretty comfortable, but my shoulders aren't getting any younger. Mostly short hops around town these days, wasn't that long ago I"d head out for days on end.

chopper_001.jpg

chopper_002.jpg

Looks like my Hardcore II I put together a few years ago. Fun bike, weighs next to nothing and has a Rev Tech 110" in it. I still find it pretty comfortable, but my shoulders aren't getting any younger. Mostly short hops around town these days, wasn't that long ago I"d head out for days on end.

chopper_001.jpg

chopper_002.jpg

It is the softail version of it. I have the 110" as well. Good running motor....valve train is a bit noisy but.....do your triple clamps have any rake in them?

You guys should never complain about the price of car parts. Was tossing around the thought of getting a new set of wheels.....2k for 2 wheels.....decent set of triple clamps....$500....Damn spring to hold the kickstand up....$5......Simple carb kit, needle/seat/couple of gaskets...$50....

It is the softail version of it. I have the 110" as well. Good running motor....valve train is a bit noisy but.....do your triple clamps have any rake in them?

You guys should never complain about the price of car parts. Was tossing around the thought of getting a new set of wheels.....2k for 2 wheels.....decent set of triple clamps....$500....Damn spring to hold the kickstand up....$5......Simple carb kit, needle/seat/couple of gaskets...$50....
LOL! Bike parts make all car parts seem cheap. And yep, either 5 or 6 degrees of rake in the trees.

Thinking about something completely different....

View attachment 1714754317

Kraft Tech makes this frame.....will no longer have a 250 rear tire....will be a 180....
More affordable and useable ,makes sense. My 3800 lb. El Camino with a healthy rat, 4500 stall & 4:10's out back : ran hard on Saturday night,sucked everywhere else. Life sucked,on maintenance.
Sorry Doug, my interpretation of your situation.

This looks more rideable that's for sure.. looks like it has some suspension and fat tires are great till you have to turn.... post this build and I'll be watching

Will be ordering my frame sometime soon. 180 tire, FX-FL style frame with an oil tank. Will be the same frame used in the picture above. Will start a thread at some point....
Will need to get a new back wheel, 18x5.5. Thinking about a wider front wheel/tire as well. Has a 2.15" rim now with a 80/90-21 on it. If I get a new set of wheels at least I will be able to sell the chopper as a roller if I decide to get rid of it. Going to need a new set of fork tubes as well. And a set of triple clamps. Would like to run the inverted forks on it. Hmmmmmmmmmmm......decisions decisions....In talking with a guy on another forum he told me that damn near everything from the chopper will fit on the new frame. Really hope my exhaust fits...like the way the pipe looks/sounds....and at right around $900 it was not exactly cheap. Go figure, the pipe costed me only $300 less than the frame/swingarm is going to cost me....Going to use a local shop to powder coat the frame, everything else will be getting boxed up and sent to Leanna. Looking forward to building myself a new bike....be nice to have something a bit more ride-able. Would really like to ride to AZ from here in eastern Washington. With that little fuel tank the chopper has ain't no way I could do it on that. At the 100 mile mark I need to get gas....another 15 miles or so and I am walking...

yea man do a thread on it.. many of us have multiple interests.. i have a few bikes too. well two. the other two are jamie's and rylee's..lol

808A84A6-E669-400B-B04B-829FF1ABD326.jpg

Trip to Rathdrum Idaho today did not help me make up my mind on what way I want to go...hmmmm....

I don't know anything about bikes .....a relative has what I am told is a "fatboy" if he hadn't told me that I would have never known.

Given who the O.P. is here I am inclined to follow the thread. I wouldn't mind seeing Mr. ink in action building something.......that is the main point why we are here after all and the rest is just extra-curricular anyway.

So yes, Im in ......Ayyyyy matey, where be this bike thread ye be talking bout (my best pirate voice)

-
Back