Bike is Done!!

-
Nice job RC! It really turned out good. I haven't been able to ride a bike since all my Harley buddies are back in Cali, but seeing your bike gives me the itch to find something to tinker on again.

Ride what you will. It's not what you ride, it's how you ride!

great looking bike!! i had the touring version. if mine would have been a chain drive i'd have kept it.

kawasaki001.jpg

great looking bike!! i had the touring version. if mine would have been a chain drive i'd have kept it.

kawasaki001.jpg

Should of kept it, 68 HEMI GTS! Here's my KZ1000E shaftdrive I've had since I rode it off the showroom floor back in '79. Sure doesn't look like it was 'totalled' at one time, does it? Still a great ride.

Joe, your new bike is lookin' sweet! Keep the shiny side up and ride careful!

Attachments

• P7200492_edited (Small).JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 117
I think I posted this one before. I painted it for my
cousin many years ago. It's black with 1964 Corvette Silver Blue accents.

That mess on the floor is parts for my old 1964 Vette

Attachments

• show08.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 109
Should of kept it, 68 HEMI GTS! Here's my KZ1000E shaftdrive I've had since I rode it off the showroom floor back in '79. Sure doesn't look like it was 'totalled' at one time, does it? Still a great ride.

Joe, your new bike is lookin' sweet! Keep the shiny side up and ride careful!

Thanks OC! IIRC, you have a MKII? Bad ***!

my last kawasaki was a 79 LTD 1000
now I have a 79 honda CBX to put together

What a sound those 6 cylinders make! Keep us updated..... :read2:

I think I posted this one before. I painted it for my
cousin many years ago. It's black with 1964 Corvette Silver Blue accents.

That mess on the floor is parts for my old 1964 Vette

Where is the bike now? That's like 100% original! Back in the day I had a late '77 Kaw 1000, frame made in USA. The one I have now is the early model made in Japan version. If you want, PM me the serial # and I'll tell where it's made....
Of course you could just check out the VIN tag and it will tell you straight out.

I'm looking around for my first bike right now. Took an Xj750 Maxim around a back lane and scared the crap out of myself. Looking at smaller bikes now.

Ramcharger - NICE BIKE..!

Kawis are the bike that first infected me with the motorcycle bug for life..

I was in 10th Grade Chemistry Class when I heard a Kaw 900 (Z1) with a KERKER jammin' down the Main Blvd in front of our School ..:blob6:

That Kaw 9's sound was Downright Awesome, and to this day is in my top 3 best sounding motorcycle exhaust notes...:notworth:

It's one of those uniquely intoxicating Exhaust System Notes that you just never ever forget...same special engine music as when you first hear a Formula 1-V12 engine or a 426 HEMI..

Anyhow, here's my Kawi -

A 1979 Kawasaki KZ1000 MAD MAX Tribute bike...with a 4 -> 1 Kerker, of course.. :glasses8:

guzzimike.jpg

The fiberglass Full Fairing I ordered from Australia and came from the same mold as three of the ones featured in the first Mad Max movie (the MFP Police Bike, Toe Cutter's and Bubba Zanetti's bikes had the same fairing)

I shortened the rear frame and seat pan which moved the rear cowling forward about 5" to expose more rear tire.

---

Where is the bike now? That's like 100% original! Back in the day I had a late '77 Kaw 1000, frame made in USA. The one I have now is the early model made in Japan version. If you want, PM me the serial # and I'll tell where it's made....
Of course you could just check out the VIN tag and it will tell you straight out.

That bike is long gone. It belonged to my cousin way back when. It
was a fun ride.

New Honda ***-pin-cade (two stroke) motorcycle:

Unique_motorcycle_tank.jpg

---

This is my 1940 Indian Chief.
View attachment 233571

Sweet! I worked on a '48 (IIRC) Chief back in the day and it's now in a museum somewhere in Indiana.

I'm looking around for my first bike right now. Took an Xj750 Maxim around a back lane and scared the crap out of myself. Looking at smaller bikes now.

The 70's KZ650's are great bikes and are a dime a dozen. They run forever as long as the owners keep oil in them.

Ramcharger - NICE BIKE..!

Kawis are the bike that first infected me with the motorcycle bug for life..

I was in 10th Grade Chemistry Class when I heard a Kaw 900 (Z1) with a KERKER jammin' down the Main Blvd in front of our School ..:blob6:

That Kaw 9's sound was Downright Awesome, and to this day is in my top 3 best sounding motorcycle exhaust notes...:notworth:

It's one of those uniquely intoxicating Exhaust System Notes that you just never ever forget...same special engine music as when you first hear a Formula 1-V12 engine or a 426 HEMI..

Anyhow, here's my Kawi -

A 1979 Kawasaki KZ1000 MAD MAX Tribute bike...with a 4 -> 1 Kerker, of course.. :glasses8:

guzzimike.jpg

The fiberglass Full Fairing I ordered from Australia and came from the same mold as three of the ones featured in the first Mad Max movie (the MFP Police Bike, Toe Cutter's and Bubba Zanetti's bikes had the same fairing)

I shortened the rear frame and seat pan which moved the rear cowling forward about 5" to expose more rear tire.

---

Thanks Mike and sweet KZ! We had Mad Max posters all over the shop back in the day. I don't know how you found the fairings, that must have been quite the trick! AH, the sound of the KZ's, oh the wonderful sound they make.....

New Honda ***-pin-cade (two stroke) motorcycle:

Unique_motorcycle_tank.jpg

---

No pic, just a red "x".

Nice lookin Kz!!! And I agree Nothing better than the older bikes Heres a couple of my shovel
101_1489.jpg

SWEET! I'm a total shovel freak myself and have been looking for a basket case for years. No such luck and then this KZ showed up. I've always wanted to build a shovel and have been kicking some ideas around in head for years but one hasn't showed up yet for the right price.

Hey ramcharger Check out shovelheadusa Lots of good members there and so many bikes to look at. Nows the time to be buying a shovel A runner can be had for cheap!!

Very nice! She looks good.

Thanks Burnt! I've a few tweaks to make it's just about right on for a daily rider.

Hey ramcharger Check out shovelheadusa Lots of good members there and so many bikes to look at. Nows the time to be buying a shovel A runner can be had for cheap!!

I'll do that! Thanks for the info.

I sure enjoyed this :eek:ccasion: and congratulations :eek:ccasion::eek:ccasion:
You sure picked a great motorcycle to build Joe and it looks and sounds like you did a 5 star job witch is not surprising to me =D>
Stay safe and enjoy the wind in your face and the freedom feeling I remember we get when riding :cheers:

Thank you Mike and glad to hear that Vicki is coming back together. :hello1::hello1::hello1: Eventually I'll get a helmet cam so we can all go for a ride.

Thanks Burnt! I've a few tweaks to make it's just about right on for a daily rider.

I'll do that! Thanks for the info.

Thank you Mike and glad to hear that Vicki is coming back together. :hello1::hello1::hello1: Eventually I'll get a helmet cam so we can all go for a ride.
KNOW!!!! That sound like a plan!!! Good morning brother Joe :hello2:
Believe it or not, But the sun is shinning here this morning :wav:

-
Back