Biohazard

-
I am diggin' the 'restoration-look' voltage regulator. Posting pics for those who are curious.

Started working the wiring back into the engine bay today. First order of biz was to get that new fusible link into the harness. Crimped and soldered my new CG8 terminals to each end, plugged in as appropriate, and wrapped that particular part of the harness with red tape. Not factory correct (the red tape, that is) but I wanted to be able to quickly locate the link in case there are problems with it. Otherwise, just running the wires where [it seems] they are supposed to be run and wrapping them up with black tape.

^ and don't worry about the bulkhead connector up there laying on the valve cover...I'll scrape all that overspray off before I plug it back in ;)

Plugging in the electronic accessories as I go and replacing whatever needed it. Here's the new starter relay. (how you like them screws?) Also note how damn dusty everything is. That's just how it is, here. If I'd been keeping her in the garage, it would only be a tad better.

By the way, the screws securing the starter relay do not match....that the difference between wire brushing and not. I'll get to the other one later.

f6.jpg

Just got some wire loom like this at work and it is the neatest stuff and looks factory when done. Comes in different sizes and leaves you access to wires.
Nice job and car is looking great. :wav:

http://www.dreamershotrods.com/techflexflexof6splitbraidedwireloom.aspx

Suggestion when running wires. Use some sort of guides to run your wire past like bolts magnets or open clamps. Will keep the wires straight and same length. Makes installing loom easier and neater

Spent this rainy day house-hunting. Unbelievable but true...moving again within the next 2 months (with any luck)

Haha...no faster than it was supposed to be. We've been renting since we moved here and don't really want to go beyond the one year lease period so - time do the deed. (Pun)

Time to toss out another shot of the original fish project from 1987: Got the dash done (black) and added some fresh carpet, also in black.

I do hope my carpet, in 2015, comes out better than this did.

Today's a workday. Steering column re-installation begins with seating and pinning the coupler.

Got the column in. Still need to attach all the parts around the shift collar but decided it would be easier to work on that stuff with the column firmly attached to the car.

Jacked up the butt and reinstalled the driveshaft bumper.

Another fine driveway day. Observe: new shocks with new hardware and bushings, you can see more of the steering column along with the trans shift linkage which is all connected and cotter'd now.

This was the last bit I needed to tend to regarding shift linkage - connecting it all to the column lever and pinning it. Not up to my usual cleanliness standards but I'll get to it later.

Transmission fluid lines reinstalled (don't they look nice?) and my neutral safety switch (plugged it in and ran the harness up to the engine bay.

Damn, that pan looks like crap!

Starter reinstalled. Had to have the starter and trans lines in place so that the exhaust guy would be able to correctly route the pipes. It is, after all, getting to be time for pipes. :D

A view of the werkplatz. Moved a lot of stuff off the shelves and tables yesterday and it feels wonderful. lol

I've decided I need really good exhaust gaskets (who doesn't?) so I'll be ordering up a set of Percy's today.

your car is really looking great!!!
It's almost hard to imagine that it used to be all moldy now.
What a transformation. you should be proud of the work you have done...
now get back to work!
L.O.L!!! I'm Looking forward to future updates.

Every once in a while I blow my own mind by flipping back through the thread and seeing all of the seemingly daunting tasks already completed. There are times when I'll stress over some of the things I have yet to do but then I look at what I've gotten behind me and - I don't know - just seems like things just get done somehow.

The car still has an odor - I mentioned this a couple pages back - but neither of us smell anything we'd call mold. I have yet to hose down the seat springs and frames with the ammonia but that's coming soon.

Presently gathering stuff to take out west.

it's been awhile so sorry if you did this already but, did you take the headliner out and remove the old insulation and clean there? Mine had a lot of stank up in there when I tore mine apart.

Had to refurbish the gear pointer. When the fluorescent orange paint can says 'best to prime with a flat white base'.... do it. The orange doesn't cover worth a poop so, yeah, definitely lay down an even base before the color coat.

...and here's the "how-to" lol

-
Back