-

Slantsick

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Okay, let's hear from the closet Ford-Lincoln-Mercury fans (like me
icon12.gif
)...

Personally, I'm pretty happy with my '92 F150 4x4, but I'd like a little more style on my dumpruns- so I'd go with a '57 F100, w/ 300 six & auto.
1957f100customcab1008.jpg

For daily commuting, a Mercury Zephyr Z-7, 200 six & auto
25352280001_large.jpg

For tirefrying, '70 Cyclone
cyclone.jpg

Just because, '58 Mercury wagon (wood-paneled Colony Park prefered)
mer58voy.jpg

well if we are going ford power my all time #1
289 COBRA hands down
chrome bumper 351 pantara
68 mustang fastback

oh i like this one. There are a bunch of Fords I would take. If i had to drive one or two, 63 1/2 Galaxie Convert. with a 390? I dont know when they made the 390.

My favorite Ford, 66 Thunderbird Convert with a 428. Beautiful car, almost bought one.

71 Mustang with a 429

oh i like this one. There are a bunch of Fords I would take. If i had to drive one or two, 63 1/2 Galaxie Convert. with a 390? I dont know when they made the 390.

My favorite Ford, 66 Thunderbird Convert with a 428. Beautiful car, almost bought one.

71 Mustang with a 429

Guy in town here has a beautiful '63 Galaxie hardtop with the "Thunderbird Special" 390 (330 HP)- it's badass.

Love the T-bird, too.. though I confess, as attractive as the '64-'66 Bird is, I have a weakness for the '67-'69s...
ford_thunderbird_1968-9_02.JPG

I"ll need to finish my Crew cab COE project first... or drive my wife's Mustang (her dad bought it new... and I painted it for her in 83 and told her she could not have her keys back unless she went out with me)....

COEs in place small.jpg

Small_Coe cab in barn.jpg

small_11DSC00108.jpg

We make Flex,s and MKT,s with 3.5 V6 twinturbo(375hp)smae engine that comes in the Taurus(SHO)they boogie!

Nothing closet about it,Ford is the ONLY truck i'd EVER own..love my '01,and it looks damn good towing my duster:-D:-D

Guy in town here has a beautiful '63 Galaxie hardtop with the "Thunderbird Special" 390 (330 HP)- it's badass.

Love the T-bird, too.. though I confess, as attractive as the '64-'66 Bird is, I have a weakness for the '67-'69s...
ford_thunderbird_1968-9_02.JPG

Galaxies done right look awsome. I wouldnt mind a 67-69 Bird either. Wouldnt mind a 70 done right. I saw one at a show, Black on black, tinted windows with some Weld 5 spoke' on it, lowered a bit, with a built 429 under the hood. The thing sounded evil.

Shame on you guys. Liking Fords and actually admitting it are two different things.

I have a soft spot for the '64~'65 Falcons and Rancheros.....289/4-speed. A '64 Falcon was one of my high school cars.....my grandpa passed away and we got his 4-door, factory 260 4-speed car. Pretty rare, I'd imagine now.

I would also LOVE to have a '65 thru '68 fastback 'stang. Another one of my high school cars was a '67 LTD with a 390 4-barrel and EVERY option, including cruise and factory AM/8-track player. I LOVE old luxo-barges.....

Every car company IMO has cars that are cool and I would own......just Mopar has so damn many great cars and killer "bang for the buck".....(A-bodys in general)

I've always been a fan of early fastback mustangs. My dads restoring a 48 f1 with a dual quad flathead V8, I'd own it. But if I had to narrow it down I'd say something older...

jimmy_shine.jpg

SHINE4.jpg

The one Ford I would love to take for a spin would be Jim Greens Assassin! I remember watching him mock it up with cardboard boxes and milk crates in the back of his shop when he started the restoration.

floyd-bob-main90.jpg

Assassin-push.jpg

Assassin-engine.jpg

Assassin13.jpg

I still see the one I missed out 20+ years ago for 4,000obo. 70 Orange Boss 302 with louvres.

Grant

I NEED another 99-03 Super Duty with a 7.3 Powerstroke. I never should have sold mine.

1966 Fairlane is my Ford dream car. I'd put a Windsor stroker in it instead of an FE Engine though.

Here's the other Ford I wish I had back:

DSC_6297.jpg

Here's the other Ford I wish I had back:

DSC_6297.jpg

Nice, dude.

I actually owned a Fairmont Futura, though it was the wonky 2 door sedan rather than the coupe, and unfortunately was "powered" by the 2.3 4 cylinder... what a slug. I also had an '81 Mustang that was rusted all to hell, but acted like it's 200 six was a 302..

-
Back