Black and yellow

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I don't know why I can't wait for summer when it's cold.

Sometimes I think summer is the worst when i run into summers critters.

Went out to put a battery in my car, open the hood and as the hood is going up, I feel pain and don't even have time to think about what happened. I step back in time to see about ten more come out of the grille, and there is a nest under the hood lip.

These little bastards are going to get it tonight.

20190728_171010.jpg

20190728_171641.jpg

Last edited:
I slammed the hood shut and around 40 of them flew out.

Could'nt get a good pic but that was crazy seeing that many fly out at once.

Ouch, their stings hurt so much

20190728_172928.jpg

It's that time of year. Found this in a bush earlier today. maybe 2/3 of a basketball. Almost hit it with the electric trimmer. Bald faced hornets. Still working on a plan of attack to get rid of it...
e4e03322-a454-467b-9d89-f2be70ae0251-jpeg.jpg

I hate bees, I am allergic to the mean ones.
Actually if the honey bees, and bumble bees dissapear we all will.
Yellow Jackets, Wasps and Hornets, I have no use for.

NEVER smash them.
It release chemicals and gets the other ones excited.:rolleyes:
300px-Ramblinwreck.jpg

They are all over my humming bird feeder.
Birds can't get to it.
(Birds, get it?)
One year I was cutting sod and moving it from the front to back yard.
Put the shovel in pine straw and moved one cut to the back yard.
Went back to the front and discovered there was a nest in the ground there.
They say me before I saw them.
I was taking cloths off running around the house and got in the back door without getting stung.

It's a good mascot for an engineering school.
Had a big nest in some rotten cross ties.
Tore the wood up and discovered they had engineered a paper nest inside of it.
I didn't know they were "paper wasp".
P.S. Would have been a much better name than "Hell Cat".

Those are one of the few things that will make me hurt myself gettin away. I cannot stand them.......and then I have a local friend who will just walk among them swatting them away.

Every living thing in nature has a purpose and function.
Learn to coexist.

I'll let you do the coexisting. This is a Japanese Hornet. They are already here in the southeast. They come in and attack paper wasp nests, kill them all and take the nest over. If you think a paper wasp or yellow jacket is bad news, you ain't seen these bad boys yet. When they sting you, there's so much venom, it makes a hole in your skin much like a brown recluse. We had a child killed in our county that was stung by TWO of these about three or so years ago. This is the stuff nightmares are made of.

JAPANESE HORNET.jpg

I'll let you do the coexisting. This is a Japanese Hornet. They are already here in the southeast. They come in and attack paper wasp nests, kill them all and take the nest over. If you think a paper wasp or yellow jacket is bad news, you ain't seen these bad boys yet. When they sting you, there's so much venom, it makes a hole in your skin much like a brown recluse. We had a child killed in our county that was stung by TWO of these about three or so years ago. This is the stuff nightmares are made of.

View attachment 1715370451
We don`t need want or need none , ugly bastages !!

It's that time of year. Found this in a bush earlier today. maybe 2/3 of a basketball. Almost hit it with the electric trimmer. Bald faced hornets. Still working on a plan of attack to get rid of it...
View attachment 1715370436
Plan of attack, tractor supply sells blow torches that hook to a gas grill bottle.
Hit it at night.
Some foliage around it may need sacrificed.

I use spray parts cleaner. I can even hit 'em on the fly (sometimes) "Little bastards" LOL

Just open a can of Spam.
Make friends.
How you been. Well I hope.

I have a little left too. We're ok. Kitty finally had her shoulder surgery Wednesday. She's makin slow progress......but it's progress. You think them bees would like some Spam? I'd rather take a sting or two than give up some of my Spam.

Sometimes I don't know I can't wait for summer when it's cold.

Sometimes I think summer is the worst when i run into summers critters.

Went out to put a battery in my car, open the hood and as the hood is going up, I feel pain and don't even have time to think about what happened. I step back in time to see about ten more come out of the grille, and there is a nest under the hood lip.

These little bastards are going to get it tonight.

View attachment 1715370432

View attachment 1715370433
Ouch!
I have a phobia. When i was a kid i got stung on my eye. Scar on my iris, have to explain it to every new eye doctor.
I deal with them with a vengance.

Shop vac. Thats how i get them.
Prop pipe by nest entrance and stand back. Shut off vac and spray raid into hose as it slows down. Dont do it while vac is running(KABOOM) and stuff a rag into hose to keep vapours in.
Next day empty vac.

Rainy, I feel for you. My wife got stung on Friday. She believes it was a Yellow Jacket. Hurt like hell, swelled up, and got hot.

She called the doctor who told her to keep ice on it and take Benadryl. The swelling is finally going down tonight.

128858539.jpg

NEVER smash them.
It release chemicals and gets the other ones excited.:rolleyes:
View attachment 1715370446
They are all over my humming bird feeder.
Birds can't get to it.
(Birds, get it?)
One year I was cutting sod and moving it from the front to back yard.
Put the shovel in pine straw and moved one cut to the back yard.
Went back to the front and discovered there was a nest in the ground there.
They say me before I saw them.
I was taking cloths off running around the house and got in the back door without getting stung.

It's a good mascot for an engineering school.
Had a big nest in some rotten cross ties.
Tore the wood up and discovered they had engineered a paper nest inside of it.
I didn't know they were "paper wasp".
P.S. Would have been a much better name than "Hell Cat".

Better they're from Georgia Tech than from Agnes Scott.. Whole different fight song!

Plan of attack, tractor supply sells blow torches that hook to a gas grill bottle.
Hit it at night.
Some foliage around it may need sacrificed.
All done. I don't do well with stings. Got hit multiple times once when I mowed over a nest once. It hurt, but I thought it was over till an hour later when I couldn't swallow water. ER gave me an IV of benedryl and I was OK. Really would be good by me if I never do that again... This round, the wife volunteered. If she gets stung it's usually like a fly bite. But I made sure she didn't. Had her in my Carhartt full suit with hood. Full face mask. Long gloves,etc Everything taped. Taped a flashlight to her arm. Can of spray in each hand.. (Sorry, I am forbidden to post the pics my daughter took. LOL )
Waited till they settled after dark.
Their was no activity when she started. and none when she was done. A whole lot in between. But they were dropping, not flying.

View attachment 1715370451
Not common here, but I got one a couple years ago. We had company and the damn thing was in the house. knocked it down with a swatter. I had it saved in a jar. Not sure if I pitched it. Looked at several 'identifiers' online and kept coming up as Asian Giant Hornet. Scary f'kers they are!

Not common here, but I got one a couple years ago. We had company and the damn thing was in the house. knocked it down with a swatter. I had it saved in a jar. Not sure if I pitched it. Looked at several 'identifiers' online and kept coming up as Asian Giant Hornet. Scary f'kers they are!

They sound like B17 flyin around.

-
Back