Black and yellow

-
In case you think I am a heartless hornet hater that doesn’t coexist with nature...lol. I saved a snake today. Went through chicken wire and then into nylon netting over blueberry bush. It must have gone through 30 holes of the nylon trying to escape till it just couldn’t move. First cut the wire away at about its midpoint. Then held back end up and worked my way toward the head cutting the mesh carefully with scissors. When almost done, I teased it so it stuck it’s head through the chicken wire to keep it preoccupied while I cut the last several strands. Took it down by the woods and released it.

6E650125-99ED-41A8-84BD-819E647C3354.jpeg

959470AE-912F-434B-801E-2A3954D45A9F.jpeg

Black and yellow.

The first thing I thought of when I saw that snake in this Black and Yellow thread.

coral-snake.jpg

In case you think I am a heartless hornet hater that doesn’t coexist with nature...lol. I saved a snake today. Went through chicken wire and then into nylon netting over blueberry bush. It must have gone through 30 holes of the nylon trying to escape till it just couldn’t move. First cut the wire away at about its midpoint. Then held back end up and worked my way toward the head cutting the mesh carefully with scissors. When almost done, I teased it so it stuck it’s head through the chicken wire to keep it preoccupied while I cut the last several strands. Took it down by the woods and released it.

View attachment 1715371763

View attachment 1715371764
Rat snake .
Did I tell you about the 5 ft water moccasin that was trying to get in m house? My little Rottweiler was stopping/harassing him ,I KILLED HIS *** !

I had a 10ft black snake in the barn, I named him Oscar, he was more afraid of me, than I was of him.
I have not seen him in a while, but I still look up in the rafters to see if he is around.
Nothing will scare the crap out of you than walking in the barn, and his tail hitting you on the back.
I think I actually pooped my pants that day, he hit me.
I did not look up, and he was just getting away from me.

I had a 10ft black snake in the barn, I named him Oscar, he was more afraid of me, than I was of him.
I have not seen him in a while, but I still look up in the rafters to see if he is around.
Nothing will scare the crap out of you than walking in the barn, and his tail hitting you on the back.
I think I actually pooped my pants that day, he hit me.
I did not look up, and he was just getting away from me.

I have told the story about the approx.. 10 ft black snake I saw down back, so I wont tell it again. Haven`t seen hit since either !

I'm always doing recon on my stationary equipment. Learned that one a long time ago. Tailgates, door jambs, under the hood, mirrors etc. Before you bring one home, throw a tarp over it and use a couple foggers. Still got stung twice last year. They got into a crack in my house. I unscrewed the tip from my air blower and filled it with Sevin and screwed the tip back on. Charged up my little air tank and blasted in the crack. Worked good.

I remember the coral snake saying, "black and yellow kill a fellow, black and red nothing to dread".

That saying can get you killed. Both the coral snake and the mountain king snake the black touches yellow. If the red touches yellow, you're in trouble. Daddy's sayin was "red touches yellow kill a fella"

Here's the mountain king snake. Compare it to the coral snake above. You'll notice the black and yellow touch on both snakes. Only the red and yellow touch on the coral snake.

MOUNTAIN KING SNAKE.jpg

No one has asked, so I will, how are YOU after being stung? SOme people are very allergic to stings. Are you ok?
Thanks

I had some swelling and a low grade fever but I shook it off pretty quick. I took Monday off work and took it easy at my parents request because they were worried the swelling or fever would get worse which it never did. The actual point of sting is still a little sore even now because they hit some soft tissue sites. I took 8 stings in all, luckily none on face.

Thanks

I had some swelling and a low grade fever but I shook it off pretty quick. I took Monday off work and took it easy at my parents request because they were worried the swelling or fever would get worse which it never did. The actual point of sting is still a little sore even now because they hit some soft tissue sites. I took 8 stings in all, luckily none on face.
Dam, didn`t realize u got that many !

The problem with the coral snake saying is that you can say it either way and make it rhyme.

Thanks

Apologies... that was very remiss of me not to ask. That's a lot of stings. Glad to hear your OK. I'm not allergic to the point of needing an epi-pen, but that would have been an ER visit for sure.

Last edited:
Good thing about corral snakes is they have to chew on some loose skin to get a bite in. Bad part is a small child can pick one up!

^^^ I have Mopar buddy that got bite by some kind of spider parting out a car at home. He was air lifted to the hospital!!!!

-
Back