Black Friday sales. Who’s buying what.

-
We hurt two summit brand balancers so we bought a powerbond balancer and had zero
Issues with it. I personally use ATI balancer
I used the trick flow balancer for a few years. The only thing I didn't like about is not being marked every 90*. I went to the innovators west balancer a few years. The paint did wipe off the trick flow with just brake clean unfortunately.

Yeah, I'm a bit torn... Not wanting to spend three times that on an actual Fluidamper branded balancer. I have an ancient TCI Rattler I can use, I just don't like the sound it makes when you shut it down, people in the pits will be thinking I've got rods a knockin'!

Use the Rattler and tell the buttholes your car is faster than theirs with the rods knocking. That’s probably the best damper out there.

I used the trick flow balancer for a few years. The only thing I didn't like about is not being marked every 90*. I went to the innovators west balancer a few years. The paint did wipe off the trick flow with just brake clean unfortunately.
I'm currently using the Trick Flow balancer on my LA and it is marked every 90 degrees.... Problem is the marks don't go all the way across the balancer and they are on the forward end of the balancer and not the timing cover end near the timing tab.

I'm currently using the Trick Flow balancer on my LA and it is marked every 90 degrees.... Problem is the marks don't go all the way across the balancer and they are on the forward end of the balancer and not the timing cover end near the timing tab.
Maybe it's a newer design than the one I had? It was kind of a moot thing since I started to adjust my valves differently.

Maybe it's a newer design than the one I had? It was kind of a moot thing since I started to adjust my valves differently.

That’s what I was going to say. I probably wouldn’t be able to see them when new and I never use them anyway. Opening and closing method for me.

Anybody use Speedmaster's fluidampers?

I'm tempted...

I'm running one now. Mine was missing the pilot in the bore that lets you get it started on the crank and aligned with the key. I had to unbolt the hub and toss it in the lathe.

In addition, it's a duplicate of the original fluidamper, so it requires either a special crank pulley (march 10151) which underdrives the WP, or you can use the 70+ single groove crank pulley with a 70+ AC WP pulley. That helps correct for the approx .750 difference in the crank pulley location.

All in all, it was a PITA. I'd buy a good damper right away and skip it all.

I wonder if its $700 USD + $700 USD shipping to Canada like last time I checked lol. (don't need any this year anyway)

$677.77 to ship to Red Deer :realcrazy:

1701109324600.png

I got a couple cans of chew ...it wasn't on sale
Neither was the $5.50 per gallon diesel

@1MeanA

For the Canadians, Performance World has their PW heads for SBM for $2249 CAD ($250 off) until the end of the day. They look identical to the Promaxx 171s but claim a 179cc intake / 79 cc exhaust versus Promax's 171 intake / 77 exhaust.

The PW's appear to be assembled with quality hardware such as PAC 1219 springs and Comp retainers and locators.

Performance World 63171A-2 PWHeads 179cc Aluminum Cylinder Heads Pair (Complete). Fits SB Mopar 318-360

Anyone have experience with this brand?

@1MeanA

For the Canadians, Performance World has their PW heads for SBM for $2249 CAD ($250 off) until the end of the day. They look identical to the Promaxx 171s but claim a 179cc intake / 79 cc exhaust versus Promax's 171 intake / 77 exhaust.

The PW's appear to be assembled with quality hardware such as PAC 1219 springs and Comp retainers and locators.

Performance World 63171A-2 PWHeads 179cc Aluminum Cylinder Heads Pair (Complete). Fits SB Mopar 318-360

Anyone have experience with this brand?

Not impressed at all with those flow numbers. Especially with a 4.250 head adapter.

IMG_0480.jpeg

IMG_0481.jpeg

Not impressed at all with those flow numbers. Especially with a 4.250 head adapter.

View attachment 1716171444

View attachment 1716171445

Promaxx beasts them from .100 - .400 and they kinda meet up at .500 at around 250 cfm.

Promaxx advertises 5 angle valve job (are the intake's backcut?) vs PW's 3 angle. I wonder if this is the factor that's killing the mid lift flow?

Either way, I just ordered the ProMaxx 171s, $2446 CDN to the door which is $100 less than the PWs ironically.

We hurt two summit brand balancers so we bought a powerbond balancer and had zero
Issues with it. I personally use ATI balancers.
I second the powerbond dampers.I have two in use.One since 2013 and one with 400 passes on it in the last two years.I just tore down that one to freshen and it all looks great.I also have a trick flo in use but don't recommend because of the markings on it.All are sfi dampers.

What head bolts or studs are people using with the Speedmaster heads? I see the note they have about having to use their bolts, but I have heard that their hardware is quite poor.

Anyone have a part number for bolts or studs that will work with them?
Friday I bought an assembled set of the 65cc heads, and a set of 1.6 ratio stainless rockers.
I'm using the speedmaster studs with my speedmaster heads. No issues so far. I bought another set of their studs for my 2nd set of their heads I bought last year and are still in the boxes ...

What head bolts or studs are people using with the Speedmaster heads? I see the note they have about having to use their bolts, but I have heard that their hardware is quite poor.

Friday I bought an assembled set of the 65cc heads, and a set of 1.6 ratio stainless rockers.
I am using old stock bolts with pioneer hardened head bolt washers. I robbed 2 of the longest bolts from another set I had laying around. Yes I'm cheap..

The stock bolts have more threads into the block than my son's arp bolts do.

They are RPM clones so any fasteners for the Eddy's will work with the speedmaster.

ARP Bolts - 144-3601
ARP Studs - 144-4005

Well I started spending money I don’t have today. I bought a 46 inch black harbor freight Yukon workbench. I’ve had my eyes on it for months and my local store had one. This is for head assembly, vacuum testing, transmission rebuilding tools, and engine building tools and supplies. I belong to their club so
I got early entry to the Black Friday sale, 50.00 off on the box, no interest for 6 months, and double Harbor Freight points. Nice bench for 300.00

View attachment 1716169598

View attachment 1716169599

View attachment 1716169600
I had to miss out on some stuff I needed from there this time around. Hopefully, they will run some Christmas or New Year sales.

I had to miss out on some stuff I needed from there this time around. Hopefully, they will run some Christmas or New Year sales.
I think most vendors will end up extending some of these sales and discounts throughout the end of the year. The economy isn't great, no matter what the soul-less talking heads on TV say about it.

I have a Grid in my heads up car that I really should have moved into my black car. Dragway 42 has bitten me several times overpowering the track. I should pull some timing there at the hit. I’ve changed the gearset and shock settings then boom, the track goes away.

I have a Grid in my heads up car that I really should have moved into my black car. Dragway 42 has bitten me several times overpowering the track. I should pull some timing there at the hit. I’ve changed the gearset and shock settings then boom, the track goes away.

Heck yeah. If you have a grid I’d be wiring that right in.

-
Back