Black paint on AMD panels?

-

69MOPE

Reaction score
Does the black primer on new AMD panel need to be completely removed before painting?

Wipe it with laq thinner and see if it comes off or dissolves. If not, just sand and prep normally. You should be able to sand good, seal and paint, if you wanted. Or prime and treat it like the rest of the car.

Use a fine scuff pad meant for scuffing primer. The black paint is actually a primer/sealer.

Look at it real close and make sure you don`t see what looks like very fine spider webs my goodmark panels had these webs on it when I sanded it of it was rust starting. AMD is a far better product than goodmark but give it a good look to be safe

Look at it real close and make sure you don`t see what looks like very fine spider webs my goodmark panels had these webs on it when I sanded it of it was rust starting. AMD is a far better product than goodmark but give it a good look to be safe
excellent advice. My brother has a '69 Camaro that he is working on for a friend and the brand new Goodmark fenders had significant surface rust starting under the factory sealer/primer.

Goodmark dosent even come close in comparison to AMD

Here's what my painter told me ...Do you want to trust your $9000 paint job to a 12 year old Taiwan kid who sprayed on that coating, so I media blasted all my panels first then sprayed Southern polyurethanes 2-part epoxy primer on the bare metal.

Here's what my painter told me ...Do you want to trust your $9000 paint job to a 12 year old Taiwan kid who sprayed on that coating, so I media blasted all my panels first then sprayed Southern polyurethanes 2-part epoxy primer on the bare metal.

exactly, when i am putting an aftermarket front end on a toyota carolla, scuff and shoot! but no way would I leave it on my cuda.

-
Back