Blinker issue

-
Reaction score
Ok. I have a 72 duster. My ignition switch didn't work, and my blinker camber did not lock in the up position. I took apart the steering column to fix both parts. I installed a new ignition switch which now works just fine. I also installed a new camber. Now that everything is put back together my blinkers right or left do not come on outside the car. I get a turn indication in the cluster. My hazard lights up all four when I turn that on. I swapped the two wires going to the camber. When I turned the blinker on to the right my outside left marker lights came on. Only that one side would light up although it was backwards. I swapped the wires back and still nothing on either side.

I also had the instrument cluster removed. I replaced all the bulbs with new. Nothing illuminates when the lights are turned on?

Any help with these gremlins is appreciated. Thanks

It ended up being the new blinker camber. The metal prongs that should make contact with the steering column when the blinker is turned on were to long. They weren't making contact. I trimmed each one and the problem was fixed. Glad when its easy.

is that a photoshop in your avatar or is that what your car looks like ? sorry im no help lol

I was thinking you had a couple of wires mis-wired but then I started thinking about the blinker fluid....

That is the car that I'm finishing for my wife. She had the idea of reversing the original color scheme. So what would have been black is now M5 Moulan Rouge and the car is satin black.

-
Back