blizzard

-

norshorblufish

By the Big Water
Reaction score
Not much else to do but sit in front of the computer today.
Snowing and blow like crazy.:roll:

Afraid to even venture outside might blow away! 25- 30 mph winds.
Put the tree up last night. Glad I did. I'll probably have to shovel the lawn
decorations out when it's all over.

How are the rest of Midwesterners doing or anyone who's affected by this crap.:pottytra:

Oh well guess it makes for a white Christmas any way.

Heavy snow here in St. Cloud (central MN), been snowing all day, may get a total of 8-12 inches by monday afternoon. Wind is blowing hard here too, that is the same reason I am on the computer too!

A balmy damp 67 here in east Texas....... I am jealous.... Lets see some pics of the snow....:cheers:

you need to call al gore and ask for some of that global warming he talks about..

was nice and a pleasant 62 degrees out today in quincy il. just started to rain a few minutes ago. was nice while it lasted! bottem is supposed to fall out of it later tonight though with a high only in the low 20's tomorrow - brrrr!!

Ya you betcha
Here's a few pics. Snow let up a little when I took them.
Supposed to quit noon Monday.
With the big lake here it could last longer.
They flashed on the tube the malls are closed and advising no travel
because of drifting. They say we could have winds up to 40 - 50 mph.
We don't have a lot of snow yet what we do have is drifted pretty good.

IMG_1664 Medium Web view.jpg

IMG_1666 Medium Web view.jpg

IMG_1663 Medium Web view.jpg

IMG_1664 Medium Web view.jpg

IMG_1665 Medium Web view.jpg

IMG_1666 Medium Web view.jpg

IMG_1663 Medium Web view.jpg

Mid 60's yesterday and low teen's today in central Kansas. No snow or ice Thank God.

few days ago it was in the 50's now it is 29 or so. We also got some snow. (Seattle)

It must be heading this way Mondays lows will be 58 F and Tuesdays lows will be 27 F. 30 degrees in 24 hours, wow.

Not a lot of snow here in southeast South Dakota, but it's still a blizzard because of the wind. Wind chills of 30 below tonight, high tomorrow of about 2. They're calling for lows of about minus 10 & highs in the single digits & teens for the rest of the week. To top it all off, we got a phone call a couple of hours ago. Some REALLY BAD NEWS. School has been called off for tomorrow. Just me & 4 kids, trapped all day in the house. The wife is lucky. She gets to go to work.

60 this morning and windy when i got up. now it is 19 and sleeting like mad. my side walks and street is covered. i would much rather have this sleet than any ice. have a winter warning until 9 in the morning. it dropped 40 degrees today. the weather people were right they said it was coming. i had to move my duster and coronet into a local guys garage i rented for $50 a month so i can park my cummins, neon and and wifes van inside so i do not have to scrape this ****. i can't wait till spring.

i dont miss the midwestern weather at allll,,, i lived in the chicago area for 22 years,,i moved back to PA,,i miss the midwestern people,,,great personable people,,also miss the lax car laws,,,warmer and way lessssss sonw here in south eastern PA,,lots going on in the car scene,,,weather car laws and people in this area,, not to pleasant,, oh was 67 wensday,,wil be 52 monday,,

I drove from Benson down to Hutchinson today. It was an interesting drive at times. Blowing and drifting snow, ice covered roads and white out conditions at times. Watching the power lines swing like jump ropes was something else.

One thing I noticed since living here in southeast Texas is that, when we have a strong consistent wind coming off the Gulf, they are catching hell somewhere in the north. It indicates a very strong low pressure system up north (very close pressure gradients). We had strong humid wind off the Gulf for the past two days. Temperature was in the 70s here yesterday and will drop into the 40s today.

shorts an t shirt today in florida 8) probably take a few days to get down here just cold that is . has not snowed in florida since the early 80 s central florida any how . have no use for that stuff was stuck last yr in wis for like 3days wind chill factor -50 b/s cause of weather first chance i got to get out i pick up my load an headed for the sunshine state . told dispatcher not going back , next load was headed for Chicago still waiting i guess (got a local job ) no snow, florida crackers an snow do not mix well i'll take the 120 heat any day

Sundays weather: 8:00 a.m 51 degrees calm

9:00 a.m 22 degrees,-12 windchill

10:00 p.m 4 degrees,-25 windchill

Strong winds,broke my gate,snapped a 4x4 post in half and sounds like ice
and snow Tuesday.Hate Iowa.

-
Back