blower motor switch

-

csx452

Reaction score
I have a 72 Swinger with factory air. The 3 speed blower motor switch only works on 2 settings. High is non existent. Are they available for sale somewhere new? I'd really like to have it working correctly.
Thanks,
Frank

I opened mine up and cleaned the contacts then put a little light grease in it and it works real nice.
It was easy.

I similarly fixed one in my 69 Dart Custom years ago. I recall having to form a piece out of teflon for that. I couldn't find a switch then, but there was also no internet, not even PC's. That switch slid horizontally. Even among 69's, I think there were different dash layouts. I also re-wired it so that the "blower high" position just turned on a relay. Otherwise, the high current will eventually melt a new switch, plus the expensive 5-button vacuum switch, if you have that.

Mine wasn't working in high either. It was loose in the mounting and wouldn't go in high position. 1 small screw and adjustment...works great now.

Mine wasn't working in high either. It was loose in the mounting and wouldn't go in high position. 1 small screw and adjustment...works great now.

Correct. The lower speeds are created through a resistor stack. High doesn't use that same current path so problem could be just a loose ground.

Thanks for all the responses here. I haven't had time to try to fix this. My tenant moved out and I'm readying the apartment for a new tenant. Hopefully I can pull the switch over the weekend. I'll post my findings then.

Took out the blower switch today and got it working again. It's great having 3 speeds again. Thanks for all the helpful replies here. FABO rules!

csx, what did you do to get it working?
C

-
Back