blowing center of spark plug out

-

RyanUpdike70

Reaction score
What causes the center of a spark plug to blow out I was cruisin arond town and took it to launch to and went to shift and it blew the center of a plug. I am running tti headers i am wondering if i should get heat sleeves for the plug wires

ok i am runnin champions in it my buddys make fun of them say those are for lawn mowers lol but i cant get a ngk

I run Autolites in everything... I had a built 355 in a camaro one time, valve guides started going bad and oiling down 3 cylinders, I tried every plug on the market, Autolites would burn in those 3 cylinders 10 times longer then the other brands I'd tried.. That sold me on the Autolites...

Only had that happen one time and I run Champions but if I remember right I dropped one plug on the floor prior to putting them in and it may have cracked the porcelin. Champions have the compression gasket so you dont have to tighten them all that much otherwise that could crack the porcelin also and cause em to fail.

I switched from Champions to Autolites since the mid 1970s. They seem to last longer than the Champions.

There is a cross over for champions to NGK or Autolites. What Champions Are you running?

Autolites in all cars we have. We have a Autozone with a manage that understands our needs and knows the differance in a product. I might have to wait 24 hours to get the plugs but thats a minor issue.

Whip

Ditch the Champions and go NGK....made in Japan...8)

I like NGK in a motorcycle, never did have any luck with Champions (damn good lawn mower plug tho), AC-delcos you hear the porciline crack on every plug you put in no matter how loose you leave it, AUTO-LITEs or nothing in my engines...

Bosch make a good product for "newer" styled motors. That being said (tonight) my son removed the Bosch plugs out of his 1993 BMW and replaced them with Autolites. Also the cost of Bosch and some other brands of plugs can be up to 3x's the price of Autolites.

Whip

-
Back