Blowproof Bell Housing

-

WEBBY

Reaction score
I have a 1969 A-Body I am putting a Big Block in it with a Stick and I have a Moser Dana 60. My question is which Bell Housing will fit better A Lakewood or a Quick Time, I have seen some used Lakewood's. I am going to use a hyd system instead of mechanical linkage Thanks Webby.

I have the QuickTime Blow-shield. Wayyyyyy lighter AND smaller than the Lakewood. I have a big block in my 72 Dart with a 4 speed and hydraulic throwout bearing. I absolutely HATE the hydraulic clutch, and will be going back to the factory clutch linkage this winter.

QuickTime fits much better. Big block or small block. A more modern design.

Ok I picked up a new Quick Time for $500. Thanks Webby.

Be sure to use a dial indicator to ensure the bell housing is BOTH square to the motor and the large hole is centered and aligned to the crank centerline.

I had to use .010" & .020"shims to get my Lakewood square to the crankshaft (they look like thin hardened washers) and then offset dowels to center the trans opening to the crank.

Most people know about using the offset dowels to line up the trans opening, but are unaware of ensuring the bell housing is square to the crank as well. It does make a difference.

Shims.JPG

-
Back