Blue A body Duster Dart Demon interior

-

ethan santin

Buck eye jim you gotta go
Reaction score
Hey there

Ive gotta 72 duster that's missing its entire blue interior. I am planning on restoring the interior to its original blue. Things ive already acquired is carpet, headliner and dash pad for my dash (which i will be keeping because its the only interior piece i have). The things I'm specifically gonna need are seats (or reapulsator the ones I have, but i am unsure if the frames i have are decent enough to use), door panels, A pillar trim, sun visor hardware the whole shabang. New interior parts are expensive, was maybe hoping to find a parts car with at least some of the stuff I would need but its been tuff. Im asking any of your guys recommendations if you where in my situation. Would you buy new stuff or continue to look for parts cars that have most of the blue interior.

Thanks for reading

Ethan

A parts car interior is going to be 45-50 yrs old. Post a wanted ad here. You might get lucky and find some blue parts squirreled away out of the weather. Lead times for colors are 7-10 months from Legendary. I'd just save up & buy new. I like my interiors looking perfect.

Last edited:
From my experence blue is TOUGH !! GETS CHAULKY turns greenish dont waste your money on trying to re dye anything... legendary is the only way to go.....

2018-04-16 s-10parts 010.JPG

IMG_20200512_181105747.jpg

2018-04-23 headliner 014.JPG

2018-05-18 front seat 3 004 (1).JPG

20180428_133944.jpg

Last edited:
A parts car interior is going to be 45-50 yrs old. Post a wanted ad here. You might get lucky and find some blue parts squirreled away out of the weather. Lead times for colors are 7-10 months from legendary. I'd just save up & buy new. I like my interiors looking perfect.

you're right you know..jpg

A parts car interior is going to be 45-50 yrs old. Post a wanted ad here. You might get lucky and find some blue parts squirreled away out of the weather. Lead times for colors are 7-10 months from legendary. I'd just save up & buy new. I like my interiors looking perfect.
Thanks for replying. I did post a wanted ad in the Cars and Mopar Parts Wanted forum back in late october but nothing so far. Anyone have any recomendations on how to reach more users?
thank you

Thanks for replying. I did post a wanted ad in the Cars and Mopar Parts Wanted forum back in late october but nothing so far. Anyone have any recomendations on how to reach more users?
thank you
Your ad is still active until the end of the month. You need seats and blue would be a bonus but if you don't have any seats, you may have to get seats of any color and recover them in the blue you need. It's going to be a spendy operation regardless. Local pick up is a must, shipping would be spendy for a set of seats. The season is going away but swap meets are where it's at. Good luck.

Well, you reached me and I have a '73 Valiant four door with a blue interior that I'm parting out.

So you must've done something kinda right.

My car has fabric seats and I honestly haven't looked at it much, but I'll be happy to get you pics on whatever you're looking for that's the same between this and a duster (sadly, not much).

It wasn't in terrible shape, by any means. It still smelled decent, no cigarette smoke. Bench seat car, column shift automatic. Everything is still in the car.

Well, you reached me and I have a '73 Valiant four door with a blue interior that I'm parting out.

So you must've done something kinda right.

My car has fabric seats and I honestly haven't looked at it much, but I'll be happy to get you pics on whatever you're looking for that's the same between this and a duster (sadly, not much).

It wasn't in terrible shape, by any means. It still smelled decent, no cigarette smoke. Bench seat car, column shift automatic. Everything is still in the car.
The bad thing about 4 door interior is that the front seat backs are fixed and in a 2 door there is no way to get into the back seat. The rear seat may be ok.

The bad thing about 4 door interior is that the front seat backs are fixed and in a 2 door there is no way to get into the back seat. The rear seat may be ok.
Back seats are for brats and people making brats, any way. He's fine.

A little work and you remove 2parts to “unfix” the seats so they fold forward and install latch from a 2 door seat problem solved.Ask me how I know…..

You're going to wind up having to shell out money for the seat upholstery. Odds of finding the correct blue in good enough shape to use is slim to none. Will probably have to shell out for the door panels as well.

Don't be afraid to paint/dye the A pillar and quarter window trim, sunvisors, kick panels etc.

Also you may want to let people know in your ads if you need B5 or B7 blue for your interior.

Your ad is still active until the end of the month. You need seats and blue would be a bonus but if you don't have any seats, you may have to get seats of any color and recover them in the blue you need. It's going to be a spendy operation regardless. Local pick up is a must, shipping would be spendy for a set of seats. The season is going away but swap meets are where it's at. Good luck.
Thanks for the advice about swaps and shipping, very much appreciated.

A little work and you remove 2parts to “unfix” the seats so they fold forward and install latch from a 2 door seat problem solved.Ask me how I know…..
I have new covers but no seats. I have access to some 4 door seats...How do you know Mike?
Thanks

-
Back