Bluetooth radio build.

-

Lol, Mine is in the USPS "transit twi-light zone". A 320 mile trip will be 2 weeks on Tuesday. I messaged the seller, joked with him that the pony express would have been quicker.

Its raining cold and nasty outside today so I am stuck inside I figured since I'm in i might as well work on a car project I can do indoors. So I started my bluetooth radio project. The goal is to have a functioning radio I can play music from my phone and my car still look 100 percent orginal. So I dug into it. I cut out all the wiring and old boards I left the tuning part so you can still turn the knob and the needle still moves. So it looks original but everything else is out. I bought a 14 dollar bluetooth board from Amazon. I'm gonna use the original plug to power it so it will plug in just like the orginal. I am gonna modify the the volume knob to work the controls on the bluetooth board. I have it taken apart. I have to shorten the shaft and drill out the end of the plastic part to fit the knob on the bluetooth board. Then I'm gonna epoxy the metal shaft that the knob goes on to the plastic part and it all should turn when its put back together. Here are the pics of what I have so far I will update it as I go.

View attachment 1715524382

View attachment 1715524383

View attachment 1715524385

View attachment 1715524386

View attachment 1715524387

View attachment 1715524389

View attachment 1715524390
Looks like a project for the winter. With fingers like pork sausages hard to fix a watch. Thanks for info

Looks like a project for the winter. With fingers like pork sausages hard to fix a watch. Thanks for info
Your welcome you should give it a try it is very easy to do it took a little time to get everything mounted correctly but it was a very fun cheap project. I have like 40 bucks in the whole project I bought a used radio for 25 off a member here and 15 for the bluetooth board. I could have done it cheaper but I didnt want to cut up my factory original radio so I bought a spare to cut up lol

Having that wreck has sure saved me a lot of cash and running are looking for parts like rear butterfly window latch driver window crank plastic glove box liner with light crap like that and now a radio frame best 300 bucks I’ve on my dart

I just dawned on me I haven't posted a picture of the radio installed in the car.

20201024_170522.jpg

-
Back