Bob Cole

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Legendary Canadian hockey announcer Bob Cole passed away Wednesday night. He called the games from 1969-2017. He called the famous Summit Series against the Russians. He joins the legendary Foster Hewett as the 2 all time greatest. May they both rest in peace. Kim

Sooo sad Kim! I think I can say you and I grew up listening to Bob. A shame how he was treated near the end on HNIC and forced out.
"Ooooh baby!!" Is his famous tag line. I can still hear him saying it.
Wet eyes right now, thanks for posting.

Sooo sad Kim! I think I can say you and I grew up listening to Bob. A shame how he was treated near the end on HNIC and forced out.

Thanks for that Steve. It brought tears to my eyes. Kim

Thanks for posting. Brought back fond memories for sure. R.I.P. Bob. Condolences to friends and family.

Thanks for posting this, Kim.
So sad to hear the news of his passing.
He was a great one, including Foster Hewitt, Don Cherry, and many more.
They were the icons of my childhood, and made Hockey Night in Canada achieve greatness.
Also was the on ice penalty announcer for the Maple Leafs in the '60s and '70s, (I don't know his name).
They all bring back fond memories...
R.I.P. Bob Cole, you were truly a great Canadian.

Sportsnet is replaying 93 Cup finals with Montreal vs LA. Bob, Harry Neale and Dick Irvin doing it. I forgot to mention Harry Neale initially. Him and Bob were an awesome pair.
On radio it's Joe Bowen and Jim Ralph, great duo. I'll actually mute the TV and watch it in sync with radio on.
Funny how you get accustomed comfortable with a voice.

-
Back