Bond a fiberglass scoop to a steel hood

-
Yeah, I've put on scoops with studs before and it always goes well. I don't know why they don't put studs in these scoops. Had a big hemi scoop on my Polara and it was an easy. Thanks for suggestions I'll pick one adhesive and give it a shot. Truck isn't show material, but it's nice so I'll move along carefully with whatever I pick. Will post pics.

Yeah, I've put on scoops with studs before and it always goes well. I don't know why they don't put studs in these scoops. Had a big hemi scoop on my Polara and it was an easy. Thanks for suggestions I'll pick one adhesive and give it a shot. Truck isn't show material, but it's nice so I'll move along carefully with whatever I pick. Will post pics.
Thanks in advance for the pictures you are going to post. I really like it when the OP in a thread like this keeps us advised of how the project that they asked questions about came out.

Somewhere around ‘77 or ‘78 I put an L88 scoop on my Camaro. It was my first car, I bought it off my older brother. I sanded down the hood, put the scoop on, cut and placed fabric around the scoop. Then I poured the resin onto the fabric. It turned out pretty good. This was my only car so I was driving it the next day.
Later, some woman wrinkled up the driver side. I replaced the fender and door with junkyard stuff but replacing a quarter was too much for me. I flared out the wheel wells to cover the damage with fiberglass. It also turned out pretty good. With sidepipes and wide tires it looked mean. It never got outta primer paint. I bought my 74 in June of ‘78 and sold the Camaro.

I said I would let you guys know about how the scoop worked out. Sorry to say the whole thing is shot to hell. I was rear ended and the the truck is looking like it's a total loss. I'm not going to try and repair it, just take the insurance money and sell whats left. Stuck a for sale sign in it and will see what it brings. Thanks for suggestions.

thumbnail_IMG_1446.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1433.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1435.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1440.jpg

-
Back