bone head move !

-

tblotske

Reaction score
so how many have done this.huge car show this weekend about 1000 cars an i decide to go fill the dart. i got 3 miles from home and ran out of gas! I felt about 1 foot tall.About half the car drove past. What great timing!wow!:snakeman: thanks stan for Devils Run! lol

I went to a Mopar show once about 250 cars.The show was over I left in my Road Runner and was going straight to the gas station about 5 miles down.Well I pulled out of the show and only made a 1/8 mile if that and ran out of gas.And yes I felt stupid. LOL Jim

LOL.. the gas gauge in my Dart, doesnt work.. hasnt worked since I bought the car.. my friends make fun of me, because I am anal about going to the gas station... ALL THE TIME.. LOL ... I guess I have this huge fear of there not being enough gas in the tank.. not so much because I will feel stupid, (which I would lol) .. but because I will be stuck!!

Troy when the little needle starts getting close to the "E" that means you need to fill your car, not when the needle is covering the "E"!!

gah, I've ran out of gas so many times I lost count, my gas guage doesn't work and I take too many chances! I guess I should invest in a fuel cell, lol

When the gas gauge is in question or doesn't work always have a gas jug full of gas in the trunk for back up purposes. lol

Last time that happened to me I came to a stop in the middle of a blind curve with the left rear corner still in the road.
I went 100 feet back from my car and waved and shouted "SLOW DOWN !"
while a good samaritan went to fill a 3 gallon can for me. He even poured the fuel in while I kept the traffic off of him. I still consider that one of my top 10 worst days. When I got home I vowed to myself "never again".
Since then I've fixed my gauges and quite a few others too.

Can i join the Faulty Fuel Gauge club? Mine doesnt work either, i always fill it up every 100 miles, almost 7 gallons each time, pretty good milage huh?

Can i join the Faulty Fuel Gauge club? Mine doesnt work either, i always fill it up every 100 miles, almost 7 gallons each time, pretty good milage huh?

LOL! actually NOTHING on my dash worked, couldn't even tell how many miles I went, so I topped off every day!

The gas gauge in my W150 has never worked, so I always fill it to the brim and zero out the trip odometer. I can get 300 miles and still be safe to go a little further. Once I drove 150 miles to go buy a motorcycle and thought I should be "good to go" to make it back home. Wrong. Lotsa hills and a decent headwind....and I was sitting in the middle of the freezing desert @ 10pm.

Don't know how many times I repeated "if I only would've filled up before I left".

Well I've only run out of gas once....on the way to work. Wasn't late or anything just didn't feel like stopping.....well I REALLY didn't feel like walking about a mile to work....yup felt like a moron.
Oh and my fuel gauge "kinda" works, E is REALLY empty and when it reads 7/8 tank it's sloshing out the fill tube

Ok there was one time in my 75 that I ran out of gas leaving high school.....all of the buses with kids laughing and me walking down the road in shame...tried to forget but alas

My wife actually managed to run out of gas in the driveway with our minivan. I found out when I went to use it and it wouldn't start.... apparently it had so little gas in it that it was able to back up the driveway and unload the back, but when I get into it to make an auto parts run 3 minutes later it's empty..

My gas gauge doesn't work either. That's why I carry a two gallon "reserve" can in the trunk.

i got ya beat. running a fuel cell and adding a half gallon between rounds at a time bracket racing. make it to quarter finals and run out after staging. yep,forgot to fill it that round. and lost money. never told anybody why car quit but i could hear pump spinning its a$$ off.

-
Back