Bookem danno....

-

Cuda416

Reaction score
So, like a dummy, I lost my wallet last night, which sucked but hey. Last time I lost a wallet, I was snorkeling off the coast of Okinawa many moons a ago. Best case, someone found it and would decide to return it. Worst cast, they'd take the cash and toss the rest..... Nope, there was a third option. It was "Lets commit a felony by using someone card to buy smokes and skittles...."....

This morning, I was notified of a purchase that wasn't mine. I went to the point of sale and explained to the clerk the problem. She immediately found the time of purchase based on the amount. From there, the manager let me view the video footage from the exact time to see who used my card. I took that info to the cops who recognized the guy and now he's a felon, all for $30....

Dumb *** could have done the "right" thing but no, he had to twist the blade and pour salt in...

The DA gets notified next, then a hopefully a warrant, followed by rolling him up and with any luck, and I know it will be pure luck, recover my wallet....

With just a small bit of legwork on my part and some luck, the police will have him in short order. I was lucky in that he was stupid and use my card right in front of a camera, but if I'd not looked into it and did some driving, he never would have gotten caught.

So, like a dummy, I lost my wallet last night, which sucked but hey. Last time I lost a wallet, I was snorkeling off the coast of Okinawa many moons a ago. Best case, someone found it and would decide to return it. Worst cast, they'd take the cash and toss the rest..... Nope, there was a third option. It was "Lets commit a felony by using someone card to buy smokes and skittles...."....

This morning, I was notified of a purchase that wasn't mine. I went to the point of sale and explained to the clerk the problem. She immediately found the time of purchase based on the amount. From there, the manager let me view the video footage from the exact time to see who used my card. I took that info to the cops who recognized the guy and now he's a felon, all for $30....

Dumb *** could have done the "right" thing but no, he had to twist the blade and pour salt in...

The DA gets notified next, then a hopefully a warrant, followed by rolling him up and with any luck, and I know it will be pure luck, recover my wallet....

With just a small bit of legwork on my part and some luck, the police will have him in short order. I was lucky in that he was stupid and use my card right in front of a camera, but if I'd not looked into it and did some driving, he never would have gotten caught.
It sucks to loose a wallet but it's good to nail the perp to the cross uses your card.

book em danno.jpg

-
Back