Borgeson Box with Federal Pump?

-

PRC

Reaction score
I mistakenly thought I had a Saginaw pump in my '73 Dart. Turns out, looks like it's a federal pump. Unfortunately, I didn't figure this out until after I got the Borgeson box installed.

Is there an off the shelf PS pressure hose that can be used either with or without the Bergman adapter kit fitting that will work with the federal pump, that has a male o-ring (see pic) on the pump side?

Seems like swapping to a Saginaw pump/brackets would solve many of my problems but looking to see if there are other options out there. And yes, I've messaged Peter @ BergmanAutoCraft. Just looking to see what others did if they've run into this in the past.

Appreciate the help. Thanks.

ps3.jpg

Pat

He told me to use a Saginaw and ditch the FM pump with the box. I am curious as to what he tells you....

JW

I had already switched to a Saginaw pump before i ordered the Borgeson box. The Federal pump could not keep up on twisty roads — the Saginaw is much better, and has better parts support.

Ended up going Saginaw from Bergman. All installed with minor tweaking, particularly on the pressure line. Couple of minor bend adjustments and not all fits great.

The car drives fantastic with the borgeson box. It truly makes it a different car...but...it's got the hissing noise coming up through the column some others have had, which is a bit irritating. I'll look into that next.

-
Back