Boring paint- ideas please

-
You have a nice car,

Clean
wax
polish

Then
Drive it.

A super clean car always gets more attention than a poorly painted one.

Whip

You guys have all been great. I got some Mcguires X paint restore stuff and used it on the yellow and it shined up well.

The white portion of the car was done with foam rollers and Rustoleum from a can....it's a 20 footer for sure but overall the car still looks good to me.

So I will do something...just not sure what yet.....

Thanks!!

74DD

While working at a service station in the 70's we had a "crazy lady" that painted her car with a paint brush. She read about painting a car and could do all of the work herself but the spraying of paint. She used the tools she had and did the job. After several coats of paint and then block sanding her car looked very good. All done by her. The crazy lady impressed me.

Whip

Here is a better quality image....I am leaning toward one of these...Scat Pack decal placement? Thoughts? Thanks!

Hi, I believe you need to avoid running a line down the center of the vehicle, along the equator if you will.. The best looking stripes do not have a flat divider between the top and bottom half of the car, they curve upwards.. If you look at an aar cuda or most Mopar and Duster stripes they follow the upper or lower, usually the upper "coke bottle" lines, which are one of the things that sets the Mopars appart with regards to body lines.. I think some guys mentioned this. Some basic 15 x7 inch steel wheels painted matte or gloss black also would be sweet, especially if you have chrome lug nuts already.. :)

blacken the grille and a hood scoop would make A big difference...or go to a sign shop let them do some graphics on the comp.if you see some thing you like get them to print it out tell them you want your girlfriend or wife to see it before you do anything...and go from there.....:cheers:

I don't think that is boring at all. I'm with Johnny Dart. Take care of the wheels first. I just got a set of 14" BBP Rallys with centercaps (and two of them even had good tires) for $125.00. I know that's more than two nickels, but I think it's the next step.

-
Back