Bostonian 71 demon

-
here's the car running for the year

Just Wicked! Good Job, can't wait for the channel. I was on the phone with Herb McCandless on Sat, going to see the museum and hang out in June. Lots of love for the S/S and P/S cars of the day.

I want to shake Herbs hand this year in Carlise! great history and I have not had the chance yet to tell him how great he was and is!

I want to shake Herbs hand this year in Carlise! great history and I have not had the chance yet to tell him how great he was and is!
I had that luxury and he signed my car. Talked a few times now since. He is such a great guy. Also Tignanelli brothers with the Shadowoods car and Paul Rossi

20221120_150620.jpg

20221119_131115.jpg

image000001(49).jpg

20221119_130256.jpg

Paul Rossi is actually hilarious. Herb is awesome too.

What‘s the crank trigger from and how will you be using it?

Yes dual plugs. It will be triggering a single msd 7al that will trigger to 2 mallory super coils and then go to, two phased distributor heads. Here are the the heads.

325853480_576019184401228_8957446494847741383_n.jpg

What drives the second head, gears or belt? Have fun phasing that contraption! I’ve only really seen the crossed dual distributors with the meshed shaft gears. What years were these types of dual distributors in use, like mid-‘70s

Regardless, you got some cool parts for this thing. It’s pretty ambitious to find and use all this relatively rare 45-50-year old technology and try to make it run a number consistently. I can barely handle one distributor, two might make my brain fall out.

What drives the second head, gears or belt? Have fun phasing that contraption! I’ve only really seen the crossed dual distributors with the meshed shaft gears. What years were these types of dual distributors in use, like mid-‘70s

Regardless, you got some cool parts for this thing. It’s pretty ambitious to find and use all this relatively rare 45-50-year old technology and try to make it run a number consistently. I can barely handle one distributor, two might make my brain fall out.
It is a belt drive these came about in 71 sox's and martin ran these. so did the ram chargers and the Billy the kid car. Landy built the cross drive off a hilborn fuel pump drive then accell made there's off modified tach drive components. These are the predecessor too modern mag drives in top fuel and funny car combos. and to phase them isn't to bad they are set of static tdc and the crank trigger is the adjustment.

May I ask where you are finding the information for your suspension, engine, etc mods to replicate what they did back in the day? I want to know more for my own references.

Man that's cool, I can't wait to see it with that hemi...your small block is cool but hemi it's not

-
Back