Bottle Jack / Jackstand Combo

-
PowerBuilt is the same company O'Reilly sells some of their tools under. It's the same logo, so I am sure it's the same company.

Some of the tools in that line are cheap craptastic junk, but then some of it is pretty nice, even by my standards. I intend on buying a set or two when I can.

It looks like a good idea to me......whether gimmicky or not, I guess you'd have to see one in person. If you can get a part number, an O'Reilly local to you should be able to get one so that you can see it before you buy it. Just a thought.

Another point to consider, even if it is high quality. You will need a LOT of ground clearance for that to work.

Seems like they would serve a purpose. My 4X4 has the offset differential, making jacking the front end a bit goofy. These would certainly be a fantastic tool to fix that (if they have enough height)

Another point to consider, even if it is high quality. You will need a LOT of ground clearance for that to work.

I was thinking that also, and if you have your car up anyway and putting jack stands under it, then you have a jack already.
Those would be great for leveling a car, but how often do we do that. (once or twice maybe)

Neighbor's kid has a couple of them. I've never used them, but I've seen the kid banging the hell out of something under his car, and it didn't fall on him.

If you are too lazy or stupid to block your car when using a hydraulic jack this is a good thing. The side loading on that cast connector worries me a lot! I would also hate to have to lug two of these around VS two regular stands and a single jack. The ability to pull the jack and use it elsewhere after placing stands seems more attractive. Hope I'm not sounding too much like RRR! :lol:

I used one to lift the wife's van last weekend, after lifting it ways with a floor jack. Mine was the smaller version, but it seemed to do the job. P.S. the local Menards had them clearanced for $27 apiece

I didn't watch the video. I'll just assume it has some sort of latch or lock the load rests on. if its like my hydraulic post lift, the load must be lifted slightly to release the latch/lock before lowering to ground. If/when the hydraulic fails there is no way to get down again ( my floor jack wasn't tall enough ).

The nice thing about separate stands and jacks is that you only need one jack for an unlimited number of stands. So I only pay for what I need.
At times,I have no room for both the stand and the jack.

I carry one in each truck..........for that instance of changing a flat along side the road on the 4x4's or boat trailers, works great for soft uneven terrain.

-
Back