Bottle Rocket into the 8's in the 1/8 with slipping clutch

-
Like I said...asking for a friend. I know you southern folk have different meanings for different things so I needed a quick clarification.

That would give new meaning to kitty ****.

I think it is 4.10 gear. Don't know tire size.

That’s a 12.669 SLR. I’m at 14.0904 and that’s not enough to move the car very well.

The less power or more weight or both needs more gear to make the car move.

I’d like to be at 15 for my SLR, but that may not be possible.

That’s a 12.669 SLR. I’m at 14.0904 and that’s not enough to move the car very well.

I like my truck's starting ratio. 25.6

What transmission do you have? If it is a regular 4 speed 2.66 1st, and you go to the OD 4 speed with 3.09 1st, that will take you from 14.0904 to a 16.3682 SLR.

What transmission do you have? If it is a regular 4 speed 2.66 1st, and you go to the OD 4 speed with 3.09 1st, that will take you from 14.0904 to a 16.3682 SLR.

But, with the OD ratios, If you shifted at 7000 (just an example), you would drop to 3783 at the 1-2 shift. The regular 4 speed would drop from 7000 to 5026.

I think his whole theory was to have the car in 2nd gear for the majority of the run, while spraying about a 300 shot. Sounds like a recipe for disaster, but we shall see! It's a fun journey to watch regardless!

I think his whole theory was to have the car in 2nd gear for the majority of the run, while spraying about a 300 shot. Sounds like a recipe for disaster, but we shall see! It's a fun journey to watch regardless!

Interesting to watch. My uneducated theory is that he ran his best ET so far because the clutch slipped and kept the revs up on the shift... I will come back later to see how wrong I am! All good FUN!!!

I have a 3.09 non OD box. That, with a 4.56 gears puts me at 14whatever I said above.

If I change to a 4.88 then I’d be at the 15 SLR I need.

But, with the OD ratios, If you shifted at 7000 (just an example), you would drop to 3783 at the 1-2 shift. The regular 4 speed would drop from 7000 to 5026.

RPM will only drop that far if the clutch is locked up on the gear change. The clutch shouldn’t be locked up on the gear change.

I can think of a few cams and ported head combos that would fit into that OK. A well ported head will carry a small cam a good bit further than normal.

UTG I like it, now Im not saying the guy is 100% spot on and you should do exactly what he says,( because I believe people should educate themselves and make decisions based on that education and their situation)but he shows how things work for him,and he does it in a garage like most of us have. But UTG he tells it like he sees it, like hes been doing it since the old days. Most of us have parts lying around, spare carbs ,distributors etc that we throw in projects etc or just for back up. We dont go straight to summit for a brand new parts if we can make our stuff we have work. UTG reminds me of "no budget racing" or at least depicts what you can do with what you have. I did like his vid on the Fox Mustangs and how they all ran out and bought them and raced them in the 80s. I wish I had the coin back then I was driving 20 year old cars back then. I didnt buy a Fox till 2010 :)

-
Back