Bottoming Out!! Need S/s Springs????

-
My Orange Duster Has The 002,003 Ss Spings On It.the Tires Are 295-50-15.on 15x8.5 In Slots.they Drive Fine.and Ride Good, My Brown Duster Is Sporting The Famed Gabriel Air Shocks.both Work Good.the Air Shocks Ride Really Rough.i Would Highly Recommend The Ss Springs And Stay Far Away From Shackle Lifts..just My .02

DSC00831.JPG

DSC00970.JPG

ok so..i'm wantin an even stance..so shoudl i go with the 002's or 003's???

You Will Have Them Both.that Is The Part Number For The Left And Right Spring.you Would Be Very Happy With Them.i Wish U Lived Closer. I Work For Chevrolet But My Brother Works For Mopar.i Have 2 Sets Of Ss Springs.last Set I Bought.my Brother Got Them For 180 New From Mopar

If U Know Someone That Works In A Dodge Dealership.have Them Check On Pricing.u Should Be Able To Get Them There For The Same Price Or Cheaper Than Summit.i Cannot Remember Which Side They Go On.i Believe The 003 Is The Left And The 002 Is The Right Spring.do Not Hold Me To This.if I Remember Right They Are The 3000 Or 3200 Lbs Rated Spring.there Are About 5 Or 6 Different Choices. But If U Get The Part Numbers That End In 002 And 003 You Will Be Very Happy.i Just Sold A Used Set To A Guy In Southern Missouri For 100 For The Pair.you Can Get Them New For 200 Or Less.

ok tanks...now did u get special shocks or..bc i'm hopin not to have to get any..just got new kybs..don't wanna waste'm

your shocks will be fine.i had stock and ss on my drag dster with the comp.engingeering shocks and my orange duster has stock style shocks.both with and without the ss springs.yours will be fine.

I got the ss springs with the +1.5 size.

wheels1.jpg

wheels4.jpg

I kinda like the old school look better than the squatted down look.

I put on some larger tires for the drag strip a few weeks ago.
Added a few shots of air to the air shocks, and I had no clearance problems.
When I put the Rallye wheels back on, I'll drop the air.
Maybe someone in here might be interested in your shocks.

DragRaces001.jpg

so should i go with the lower of the 2..or the higher..i would guess higher???....which i'm thinkin is 002...

I love the air shocks and have used them on my 1972 'Cuda and now my 1970 Dart Swinger 340. They are inexpensive, easy to install (compared to new springs), and easy to adjust to infinite ride heights. I have found the ride to be very acceptable and not too stiff providing you don't jack them up to max pressure so the car sits like a door stop wedge.

You know, air shocks can be like over inflated fake boobs..........too much of a good thing looks silly and they get way to firm and offer very little bounce! :laughing:

I've got the Mancini S/S springs on my Demon. I like them, but my car is set up more for the track than the street. I find them a little rough on our frost heaved roads but on the highway they are perfect. I used shocks meant for a 2 wheel drive Ramcharger as they are a couple of inch's longer than our A-Body shocks. If you are a street driver only I would go with the XHD springs as they don't raise the car as much and they also are even from side to side. Here's a pic of my car from the side.

Jack

sideview.jpg

-
Back