Bougainvillea One vs. Bougainvillea Two

-

dibbons

Reaction score
Number one looks much healthier than number two. Could be the "microclimate" differences in the back yard (number two receives more sun exposure) or it could be number one often receives my "special liquid fertilizer". Or maybe a combination of both. Or perhaps they are different genetically (not the same variety). Anyway, the difference in greenery is dramatic.

DSC06738.jpg

DSC06739.jpg

Well...... Piss on the other one now for awhile and see if there is a change. :lol: Scientifically do some basic soil testing and see if there is a difference. PH, Acidic, and run a moisture gauge for a few days. Bet you can narrow it down a bit, and I bet there are master gardeners around you (which are easy to find) that love to impart knowledge.

they like a lot of sun. also don't water too often. they need to dry out pretty good. during this summer, i only watered mine twice this year. and once a year i'll give mine a little miracle grow too

I have one in the front yard in full sun. I can't get rid of it. The thorns are no joke.

I have one in the front yard in full sun. I can't get rid of it. The thorns are no joke.

Great shrubbery for a passive home security system :D
The bloody things grow like weeds along the bluffs by the beach.
Try and grow one here .. Good luck .. And it's only 12 miles to the beach :realcrazy:

My neighbor has several that grow over our wall. They sure look nice but a PIA when a storm comes through. Those little peddles get in the pool. Keeping them trimmed helps.

Number one looks much healthier than number two. Could be the "microclimate" differences in the back yard (number two receives more sun exposure) or it could be number one often receives my "special liquid fertilizer". Or maybe a combination of both. Or perhaps they are different genetically (not the same variety). Anyway, the difference in greenery is dramatic.

View attachment 1715396286

View attachment 1715396287

Ours in the front..We water 3 times a week between 10 and 20 minutes depending on the weather. I give it a shot of Miracle Grow once a month when I do our Hybiscus. They seem to like full sun because the one's in our complex that are shaded don't grow well. You sure #2 in a Bouganvilla.. Looks more like a Mexican Bird of Paradise, can't really tell for sure.

17760783_1256082267843456_1773379738577778216_o.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back