Bought a 74 dart tonight

-

stansblue72

one of one 1953 ME!
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Found a 74 dart to replace my 72 with the rusted out frame rails. As much as I hate to give up on my 72 it just has to many rust issues to deal with.
We are going to put the front off my 72 on the 74 and change the tail panel to a 72 also.
The body is nice and straight on the 74 with very little rust.
Here are a few pictures of my new $500. 74 dart.

74 dart 001.jpg

74 dart 002.jpg

74 dart 003.jpg

74 dart 004.jpg

Were you holding a gun when you made that deal? LOL

Nice start to your new goal. =D>

You found your self a heck of a deal there greendart72 =P~
You better put in the back yard fast 8) You stole that puppy :cheers:

nice buy my 76 dart sport i scored last fall is just as clean and u gotta love only $500 i know i do

good deal.

The change out is a must in my book... the 74 and up Darts sure got ugly in the front and back...

-RPM

good deal.

The change out is a must in my book... the 74 and up Darts sure got ugly in the front and back...

-RPM

Got to agree there, they just look like a grandma car from the front and the back. :-D

Looks like the change for the front is just a bolt on, but the back might be some cut and welding to make that change. Anyone out there done the change over on the back?

You found your self a heck of a deal there greendart72 =P~
You better put in the back yard fast 8) You stole that puppy :cheers:

Thanks Mike, now the work starts! Guess I have something to keep me busy this winter. Time to get some heat out in the shop.

Morning Ross, I was looking for your newport at the show over the weekend.
Know anyone who would want the front clip you gave me?
Looks like I wont be needing it now.

hmm not off the top of my head, though if you don't want it it can go back in my big pile of stuff, but you are more then welcome to hold on to it and do what ever you please with it.

The newport wasn't there this year because I was selling at the swap meet.

Thats in pretty good shape man!

Im envious!
Hellava deal!

Stan, I'm thinking I will make it up to your place Monday or Tuesday evening. I will give you a call when I find out for sure.

HAHAHAHA I recently put up a thread on MY $500.00 score too, my 1972 duster....also just as clean but im doing a resto on it right now...goes in for paint next month and Im probably putting a magnum 360 in it. checdk out my threads and check out the pics of my duster everyone!!!..... come to think of it......I have seen a few guys now who have scored good $500.00 mopars...and most of them are in nice shape.....maybe a thread should be started for $1,000.00 and under mopar buys?!?! if one is created,I want credit for being the inventer of the thread lol HA.....anyways,good deal man...nice buy but as said before,change the front and rear....looks like your making a run down the street to martha's for a sewing party or something lol :sign5:

J.R. I'll be home by 5:00 both nights, see ya then!
DusterDude72 I seen your thread on your $500 find. NICE!
Good idea on the $1000. and under thread.
Ya Granny is going to get the boot, it'll be looking like a 72 when I get done!

-
Back