Bought an antique tractor last week, anyone like em?

-

DERICKS

Reaction score
1942 Oliver Row Crop 60

oliver 014.jpg

oliver 018.jpg

oliver 028.jpg

oliver 034.jpg

Not a collector or follower of old tractors but that sure is a nice looking tractor you picked up. Will you be using it or just showing it?

We both like the look of the old Olivers so it will just be showed and maybe a few parades. We are still looking for a nice resto project tractor for when my little ones are older for a family project.

My older brother has a few in Cincinnati.

1956/57 Super 55 Diesel

super_55_diesel-1.jpg

2 OC3s 1 with front loader 1 frame with bulldozer attachment

OC3-1.jpg

P7161782.jpg

Sweet score there Dericks!

Yours was manufactured from 1940-1948 with a total of 25,130 units. The engine is an Oliver-Waukesha "I" head 120.6 CID 4-cylinder gas motor with a bore and stroke of 3.3125 x 3.5 that turns at 1500 rpm. It has a 10-gallon tank with a Marvel-Schlebler carb, air cleaner by Donaldson and 2 1/2 gallon radiator. It has a whopping 17.85 hp at the drawbar and 19.51 at the PTO, weighs 2,450 lbs., and sold brand new for $1,585.00. Your 1942 model should bear serial number 606304 (there's a metal plate at the front left of the engine).

A fully restored one brought $4,000 at an auction in Indiana in 2007.

But I'm not really much into tractors. :-D

I have to say that is a fine looker.:thumbrig:
You sure have a fine collection too.
I was about 12 when I stepped on a brake on a Johnny Popper.
The brake was on and I stepped off the tractor and it melted my thin shoe and burned the bottom of my right foot years ago. It had the compretion releases on it.
I don't know what year the tractor was.:dontknow:
I have a few hours on the smaller farmall you have cultivating.
The oldest tractor I ever drove was out side of grand rapids Mi.
All you had was a hand clutch and started it by spinning a big wheel on the left hand side John D.
I picked apple's and strawberries,cherries ,plums,pears,peaches there every year from age 7 to 16. I remember the roads had numbers and no names there. It was close to Sparta I think and the farms I worked on was Mr Brown and Mr Bear. All big apple farmers.
Do the pistons run up and down on your Oliver or back and forth? Thanks for sharing DERICKS.
They sure brought back some good old memories :love7:

very cool.. i had a 47 ford 2N. was a cool toy. sold it for the wheels and tires on my dart. doubled my money on it. i really want a farmall cub.

Yours was manufactured from 1940-1948 with a total of 25,130 units. The engine is an Oliver-Waukesha "I" head 120.6 CID 4-cylinder gas motor with a bore and stroke of 3.3125 x 3.5 that turns at 1500 rpm. It has a 10-gallon tank with a Marvel-Schlebler carb, air cleaner by Donaldson and 2 1/2 gallon radiator. It has a whopping 17.85 hp at the drawbar and 19.51 at the PTO, weighs 2,450 lbs., and sold brand new for $1,585.00. Your 1942 model should bear serial number 606304 (there's a metal plate at the front left of the engine).

Dang girl!! You sure would have been a cool sister.:cheers:
So it has a 4 cylinder that had to run the piston's up and down.

Whoops ... forgot this part. It's not really an antique yet, but here's Billy on our 1964 Ford 2000 series four cylinder. It's used regularly.

That's funny Mike! Sorry I missed your call today ... the big guy took ya over while I was blasting bead lock beauty rings. You're still my brother though.

Very nice tractors!
I fool with them myself from time to time.
My brother and I also have a Super M, an H, and a John Deere A.

my pictures 052.jpg

stuff 128.jpg

stuff 151.jpg

stuff 141.jpg

Since your not really into tractors you really wouldnt know much about...THIS!

oliver 053.jpg

Hot dang Dericks, they're ALL fantastic!!! Love that late 40s Massey Harris especially. Thanks for sharing everyone ... I'm diggin' on this thread big time. Do you have an active farm or what?

I have three acres that was the farm, with the house and two vintage barns from the late 1880's and a metal sided machine shed from the 1920's. The 350 acres that used to be the farm are leased out by another owner. I just love the old tractors and they are way cheaper to own and restore than cars and there are some really great people in the hobby. I have my eye on a few more but have run outta cash! The gentleman who sold me the Oliver is a great collector and friend with endless knowledge, you problably would fall over if I told you what he sold me that restored Oliver for.

I also own a row crop 60. But needs to be restored. I learnd to drive tractor on 1939 a row crop 70 that my grandfather bought new and is still in the family. I also own a 1953 70. The thing I hate about the 60 is the 9x32 tires. Hard to find!

Ive got a 61 Ferguson with a 38 horse perkins diesel. With a 6 foot brush hog its one bad *** mower

Well I'll add my .02 here :)

My wife snapped this one of me out grading the road by our front gate.
'47 Farmall H with a Koyker Super K loader.
309800128.jpg

It's kinda small for towing the big sled (1500 pounds of 100 pound rail and a mobile home hitch....and a brake drum from a bus!) so I bought this.....

320548671.jpg

I have tires and tubes for it now. Also just got most of the parts I need to get the 'ol gal running the right way (not "rigged" like the PO had her)

At 22K she's big enough to bust Mojave Caliche and smooth out the roads around here!

I have my Dad's 1949 John Deere MT that he bought new. I restored it 3 years ago as a surprise for his 86th birthday but I made it so pretty he won't use it now.
Dallas
missourimopar.com

MTlt.jpg

-
Back