Boxing scoring corrupt?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
Watched a ten round fight last night on Mexican TV. The commentators had it scored 9 rounds to the challenger, one round to the other fighter. The viewer interactive voting had 80% agreeing with the commentators. Nobody got knocked out, but the challenger was making contact with almost every punch while the other fighter just stood there with his gloves up getting hit over and over again. When the "judges" scoring was announced, it was all ten rounds went to the other fighter, or in other words to the obvious loser. This is not the first time I have seen a fight awarded to the obvious loser. What a joke.

Seen the same thing many times...especially in Vegas....

so let me get this straight, you want the challenger, the one who was constantly throwing punches, making contact, but who was not able to finish the job to win?
instead of the guy who stood there, get hit with all the other guy had to throw at him, got hit with every punch in every round, and after 10 rounds was still standing, ready to take on more?

sounds to me like the went by the rules of "life" and picked the winner that way

Thank God at least professional wrestling is honest, I wouldn't know who to trust otherwise!

Thank God at least professional wrestling is honest, I wouldn't know who to trust otherwise!
Had a guy want to pummel me for suggesting it might be dishonest. Grown man yelling at me "It's real! You take that back!"

General rule of boxing is the challenger has to lay a beating on a defending champ.
He can stand there all day like it sounds he did. If he wasn't knocked down a few times or really rattled the decision favors the champ.

-
Back